ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 70: ᗰOᖇE Tᕼᗩᑎ ᗩᑎYTᕼIᑎG, ᗪEᗩᖇ

Love is when your own happiness is intertwined with the happiness of another

Love is when your own happiness is intertwined with the happiness of another. It's when you prioritize their joy above your own. This is exactly what Keilander experienced as he held the woman he cherished close to his heart, embracing her tightly as she wept with sorrow.

For months, thoughts of her consumed Keilander's mind. He wondered how she was coping with the changes in her life. He was aware of her engagement and who she was engaged to. Sneaking out to the grocery store to pick up food for himself and Raymond, he couldn't help but notice her face plastered on the covers of magazines.

Night after night, Keilander found himself lost in thoughts of her well-being, realizing that her life mirrored his in many ways. At first, he entertained the notion that her engagement was merely a familial duty, but that belief dissipated when he surreptitiously crossed the threshold of her home the previous night. His only intention was for her to understand the depth of his longing for her, and to reassure her that despite his own escalating challenges, he could handle it.

However, everything shifted when he accidentally witnessed her sleeping peacefully beside her fiancé that very night. Her home, with its transparent walls, had laid bare the intimate scene before him as he stood by the poolside. It was a night that would be forever etched in his memory.

Keilander had held onto the hope that Elena reciprocated his feelings, but witnessing her in the arms of another man shattered that illusion. It became evident to him that she never viewed him with the same love and sincerity that he felt for her. Despite this realization, his devotion remained unwavering, and he was willing to go to great lengths for her. Even now, in this moment, he longed to bring her solace and joy, even if it meant accepting that he may not be the one she would ultimately choose to marry.

Elena's voice quivered with emotion as she gazed at him, tears pooling in her eyes. "What kept you from leaving with Reeve? What's happening to you?" Keilander let out a soft sigh and tilted his head in contemplation, unsure of how to address her probing questions..

"Why were you in the water, Elena? Were you considering drowning yourself?" His gaze bore into her, searching for answers, though he already sensed the truth. Elena shifted uncomfortably, taking a step back and turning away to avoid his penetrating stare.

"And what if I admitted that it's true?" Elena's voice was barely audible, causing Keilander's heart to sink in response.

"Look at me!" He said firmly, gently turning her around to meet his gaze.

"Listen to me," he implored, his grip firm on her shoulders. "Never, ever entertain the thought of ending your life! You have no idea the devastation it would bring to those who care about you." He held her gaze, his eyes reflecting his deep concern.

Elena's voice cracked with raw emotion as she poured out her heart. "No one truly loves me, so why should I care? My fiancé sees me as a trophy, my brother sees me as a failure, my mother wants me to fit a perfect mold, and my father expects me to surrender to my fears. I'm exhausted, tired of living for everyone else's expectations! I want to vanish and never return!" Tears streamed down Elena's face, her expression a canvas of pent-up emotions and turmoil.

"That's not true! Not everyone in your life has ulterior motives," he replied with gentle sincerity, his eyes conveying reassurance that made her heart flutter ever so slightly.

"I... I love you genuinely, without any hidden agenda! All I want is for you to embrace the life you deserve. If you were to end it all, I fear I wouldn't endure the agony of losing you and being left alone." He spoke softly, his eyes unwavering as they locked with hers. The moisture in his eyes hinted at the pain he felt at the mere thought of losing her. Elena felt a surge of emotion as his words sank in. In that moment, she felt a glimmer of happiness knowing that Keilander had just confessed his love for her.

"You love me?" Elena scoffed in disbelief, a tear sliding down her cheek. Keilander closed the distance between them, reaching out to gently cup her face, his touch tender as he observed her incredulity.

"I do! I love you, more than words can express! You've ignited a flame within me that I didn't realize was there until you came into my life. Hope! Hope for a future that shines with brightness, a future that once seemed dim and distant." Keilander's voice was filled with sincerity as he held Elena's tear-stained face in his hands.

"But... you're married. I don't understand," she mumbled, confusion and fear evident in her eyes as she gazed at him. Keilander let out a soft sigh and smiled at the mention of being married.

"You never gave me the chance to explain. You were rightfully upset, and I understand why. I was hiding a dark part of my past," he confessed, his voice tinged with a hint of sadness.

"What happened?" she asked, gently grasping his hands that held her face. Keilander responded with a small smile, the moonlight illuminating her face as she peered into his soul. "What a marvel to be lost in them once more," he thought, seeing his own reflection in her eyes.

"We were never actually married," he revealed, causing Elena's eyes to widen in astonishment.

"What? I thought you were her husband!" Elena exclaimed in confusion, trying to make sense of Kelan's words. "I specifically asked you if you were married to her, and you said it was true!"

"Elena, I need you to listen to me," Keilander implored, reaching out for her hands. Elena nodded, casting him a skeptical look as she tried to maintain her composure and listen attentively.

"We are married in the eyes of the Lord, but legally it never happened. Just as we were about to sign the papers, our wedding was crashed," Keilander explained, his gaze steady. Elena's eyes widened as she grasped the full magnitude of his words.

"By who?" Elena whispered, her curiosity piqued.

"The same people who want me dead now," Keilander revealed. Elena's brows shot up in surprise, a shiver running down her spine as if a cold breeze had swept over her skin.

"Elena, I've been hunted by the opposition in my country for the past five years. I've lived in hiding, concealing my identity from everyone I know and love," Keilander disclosed, his gaze intense and grave. Elena had never seen him so serious and somber before.

"So, you're telling me that your house didn't burn down accidentally, but it was arson to kill you?" Elena asked, her eyes wide with fear. Keilander sighed and nodded slowly. Elena swallowed hard, taking his confirmation as a clear warning that he was in grave danger. Everything Pamela had warned her about suddenly seemed all too real, leaving Elena with a sense that there was a lot more she needed to uncover from Kelan.

"Kelan, is that even your real name?" Elena asked, her eyes welling up with tears at the realization that everything could have been a deception. Keilander rubbed his face and looked down with a heavy heart.

"No, my real name is Keilander," he murmured with a tinge of sorrow in his eyes, causing Elena to clutch her chest..

"I'm sorry...wait!" Keilander abruptly halted his words as the sound of breaking branches echoed in the distance. Elena's heart raced with anxiety as she watched Kelan scan their surroundings with a look of paranoia.

"Kelan, what...what's wrong?" Elena whispered shakily, gripping his arm tightly. Keilander positioned himself in front of her, instinctively shielding her from any potential threat that his senses warned him of.

"There's someone here!"

TE Eᑎᗪ I Eᗩᖇ
🤍