ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 76: TᕼE IᗪOᒪIᘔEᗪ ᖴᗩᑕEᔕ

Many frightening dreams often hold a silver lining that is not yet tangible or recognizable to the dreamer. Elena found herself speechless and in shock after the doctor delivered the unexpected news of her sudden relapse. The diagnosis left her completely stunned, unsure of how to process the information.

As she stared blankly at the doctor, a whirlwind of disbelief and confusion swept through her mind. "I never imagined in my wildest dreams that I would be pregnant at this moment - it's impossible. I had no clue. This must be a mistake," she silently pondered. The doctor, sensing her shock, gently placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder as he lowered the file in his hand.

"Take small breaths for me, Elena. I understand how shocking and terrifying this news can be for you," the doctor uttered, offering comfort to his patient. He could sense that Elena had not been planning on getting pregnant. With tears welling up in her eyes, Elena stoically nodded her head in response.

"I understand. I can assure you that I will assist you with whatever your needs may be. Please don't hesitate to contact me anytime," the doctor said with a soft smile, offering his support. Elena nodded in acknowledgment, wrapping her arms around herself as a chill ran through her body. The idea of carrying another child filled her with a deep sense of fear and dread.

"I will instruct a nurse to give you a mild tranquilizer to help you relax a bit. Don't worry, everything is going to be okay," he reassured her before making his way out of the room. As he walked down the hallway, the doctor noticed Carlton had summoned Elena's father. With a sigh, he quickly approached them to discuss the situation further.

"Jonathan, I implore you to tell me what is happening with my daughter! I need to know if she is indeed pregnant!" He exclaimed, a glimmer of hope shining in his eyes. This was all James had wanted. He hoped that his daughter's pregnancy by Carlton would provide concrete evidence that their engagement was based on genuine love, rather than a strategic move to gain control of the country's economy - a fear that had been circulating among the public.

"Mr. McLain, you are aware that I cannot disclose my patient's medical information to anyone without her consent. I made this clear to you, Carlton. I have been Elena's doctor for years, and she trusts my word," Jonathan stated firmly, addressing both men who appeared both intrigued and frustrated.

"Jonathan, I've heard about the charges against your mother for illicit possession of antiques. I believe that with the right support and resources, you can clear her name and free her from those unjust accusations," James said, his expression turning sour. Jonathan felt a rush of tension as his muscles stiffened at the mention of his mother's ongoing ordeal, which was causing his family so much anguish.

"What exactly are you proposing, James?" Jonathan asked, his gaze unwavering. James smiled confidently and placed a reassuring hand on Jonathan's shoulder.

"I will engage top-tier legal representation and speak to some of my contacts in the legal field to review your mother's case. I guarantee that she will be cleared of these charges if you provide me with my daughter's recent medical records," James stated firmly, his eyes resolute. Jonathan let out a soft sigh, knowing instantly what his decision would be.

"Follow me," the doctor instructed, leading the way down the hallway to his office. James and Carlton trailed behind, observing his every action as they entered the room. They watched intently as he sifted through a cabinet filled with archives and documents, eventually pulling out a specific file.

"This is Elena's medical history. You requested the recent records, and here they are," Jonathan stated, handing the documents to James. James swiftly scanned through the papers, while Carlton observed Jonathan laying the remaining documents on the desk.