31

🥀

the doll wakes up alone in the room again. he hadn't realize it was already morning if not for the beams of light seeping through the velvet curtains.

he stretched for a bit feeling a bit better than yesterday as he walks to the bathroom to wash his face.

speaking of yesterday, he starred at the mirror and remembered not being able to do any service to the vip guest. oh, he'll be in trouble if the madam finds out.

he let out a sigh as he finished washing up and heads back to his room seeing jinwoo.

"oh, i was about to get you." the older greets. "i checked up on you yesterday. you were out like a light." he adds with a chuckle.

the doll was a bit confused as the other would usually wake him up.

"if you're wondering, i didn't wake you up since the guest told me not to." jinwoo explains as if he read the younger's thought.

"guest?"

"your beloved mister JK. i was assigned at the lobby yesterday and i saw him checking out..." he starts. "then i told mister bang i'll go and pick you up then he kind of heard me and said to just let you rest. you both must have a wild night." jinwoo says wiggling his eyebrows in a teasing manner.

a small smile made it's way to the doll's lips, his cheeks turning into a shade of pink. he wasn't blushing because of his hyung's dirty claims but rather with the thought of how the vip guest was so caring towards him.

"okay. that's enough smiling and blushing, it's too early." jinwoo teases making the other blush more. "the madam wants to see you so get dressed and shoo."

*

V fidgets in his seat. he was now seated inside the office and was told to wait for the madam. he had been thinking of things that he might've done that brought the madam's attention.

obviously, the number on his list was the incident with the drunk man at the lobby yesterday; the worse one is that maybe she found out that he just slept last night in the arms of his so-called beloved vip guest.

the anxious doll just hopes it wasn't the later. he didn't want to get any disciplinary action just because he chose to sleep than to do his duties as a doll.

he didn't even notice when the vip guest checked out as he was very much deep in dreamland.

his panicking thoughts were interrupted when he hears the door open. the madam of the shop, jennie walking in looking as elegant as ever. long dark red coat over a tight black dress ending just above her knees, brunette hair sleeked back in a low bun.

"good morning, madam." the shy doll immediately stands with a small bow. the older nodding in acknowledgment before signaling him to sit back down.

"how are you feeling? i assume all is well. are you taking the pills as i've instructed you?" the madam, jennie asks as soon as she was settled in her chair.

"ah, yes i've been taking them as you instructed and 'm feeling well."

the brunette doll assumes that the madam might've found out about how he was feeling unwell last night. however, what the madam says next doesn't seem to be case.

"that's good to hear. get ready for an assessment this afternoon."

"assessment?"

the doll had been under an assessment before as all the dolls has to go through this before being put up for display.