68

🥀

"i hate to break it to you but i don't think people would be happy to know this company is being run now by an alcoholic ceo." jimin exclaims, looking in disappointment at the dark haired male who was slouched on his chair a bottle of beer in hand. "it's too early to be drinking that and weren't you out drinking with hobi-hyung yesterday?" he adds grabbing the still half full can and throwing it in the trash bin with at least four other beer bottles.

the dark haired male glares at him making the blonde male roll his eyes sitting on the chair opposite the desk of the young ceo and letting out a sigh.

"okay, care to share why you're looking so miserable early in the morning?" jimin asks as he had just arrived in the jeon corporation to hand in a report but to be welcomed by the dark haired male all gloomy and drinking away in his office.

jungkook didn't speak, eyes starring into space. mind replaying the events that took place last night.

how the doll rejected him. how he's trying to grasp that everything they shared was just a lie.

"i don't know if you haven't noticed but i can't read minds." jimin says trying to get the other talking.

the dark haired male sighs, brushing a hand through his hair not in the mood to bicker with the younger.

"i told V i like him..." he starts, the blonde male's face litting up.

"now this is the tea i like in my mornings." he exclaims. "are you guys now like a thing? don't tell me you guys are already having some love quarrel going on?" jimin asks or more like squealed eager to know the details.

the dark haired male let out another sigh before speaking.

"he rejected me, saying that i shouldn't have feelings for him. that's what happened." jungkook says, eyes boring to jimin's ecstatic face forming into a frown. "he also told me i should probably stop seeing him for a while and i was just drunk saying all those things..." he adds, trailing off at the end.

"i don't know why he was pushing me away...."

jimin stares at the dark haired male's anguished face for a moment. he could see how the older was deeply hurt and affected by whatever happened between him and the brunette doll.

"have you told him you plan to get him out of there?"

"it's not that easy..." jungkook replies with a sigh making jimin raise a brow.

"i didn't even plan to tell him about my feelings last night it just happened because he asked me to recommend him."

"recommend him?"

jungkook let out anothet frustrated sigh. well, of course jimin doesn't know these things.

"just know there's like a list of dolls to be recommended to vip guests and V asked me last night to hand in a recommendation for him then i just suddenly got so angry about it and said some mean things..."

"mean things?" jimin raised a brow and he just hoped that jungkook cleared up those mean things and the brunette doesn't dwell on it.

"and about my plan to buy him, i can't tell him because it kind of got a little complicated..." jungkook says now scratching the back of his neck as he tilts his head slouching on his seat, letting out another sigh for the nth time.

"i don't have much anything to do so do elaborate." jimin says as he rests his face in his palms, leaning on the desk and waiting for the dark haired male to continue who let out another sigh.

"i hadn't told him since i don't want to put him in a position that the madam would be suspicious or might use against him..."

"...i hired a detective to investigate about V, the madam and the doll shop. i don't want to put him at risk if ever kim jennie finds out. she might accuse of him of going against the shop rules or even against her. i've been digging up information about V and the shop... i didn't intend to do an entire investigation about it and complicate things but.... "