71

🥀

silence had engulfed the room, the muffled chatters of dolls passing by the hallway every now and then the only thing that they could hear.

"you win, mister JK" the madam finally spoke, letting out a breath. momentarily closing her eyes before gazing back at the others amused dark orbs.

jennie knew how big of an issue this all would cause if word gets out. everything she had worked for will be for nothing with a scandal such as this.

she knew the big risks and gamble she had done by tampering and having the innocent doll take the pills but she hadn't expected to have it all back fire her in this way.

this was a battle she'll obviously will have a hard time winning if she decides to fight back especially with a powerful and influential man like jeon jungkook.

she picks her fights and this here is obviously not one of those.

jungkook nods, lips curling up as he signals namjoon to hand back in the legal documents that they had first presented.

now, the madam willingly opening it and reading it. her eyes going a bit wide with the amount of money the dark haired male had offered.

"i hope the price i assumed is enough?"

the madam scoffs, grabbing a pen. "who knew someone could write this much zeroes." she comments before finally signing down making the dark haired male grin.

"i'm a generous man." he says with a shrug before his eyes flicked to the shop manager who let out a sigh, finally looking relaxed as he seemed tense all through out.

he gave the old man a small smile who subtly nods. he should properly thank him later since if it wasn't for his advice he wouldn't have been able to fight this much against the madam. he was basically the one who made sure that he'll be able to take V out of here.

the madam closed the folder, sliding it back to towards the dark haired male indicating she had signed all the documents and V is now officially sold to jungkook.

"the payment will be transferred once we've received an approval from the capitol after submission. it may take about two or three days, right namjoon?"

"yes, mister jeon." the brown haired male agrees carefully placing the signed papers back in his brief case.

"i believe we're done here. it was nice doing business with you, madam kim jennie." jungkook says standing up and offering his hand for the madam to shake.

the madam scoffs standing up as well and shakes the dark haired male's hand.

"likewise, mister jeon jungkook." she says, with a small nod and a firm grip on the other's hand before letting go.

the dark haired male nods towards the shop manager who acknowledged with a small bow before walking towards the office door to open it for the guests.

"wait..." the madam called out making jungkook and his lawyer to turn back around, standing by the doors.

"why....why go through all this when you know telling the authorities about the pills would have the shop instantly suspended and investigated? you even have V's medical records enough to make the claim."

jungkook knew how easy it would have been to get V by reporting about having a special male take them illegally plus he had all the documents to support the accusation which even namjoon and jin had suggested to do but his conscience wouldn't allow him not to care about the innocent people that would be affected by all this.

he knew for a fact that kim jennie would've been investigated, even the people working for her and all of her establishments would've been suspended. knowing how the system works, it would take months or even years before the investigation would resolve making her employees jobless and involved in a crime that they may not have any part of and that only kim jennie should be accused of.

"yes, it would have been the easier way but i felt that some people don't deserve to suffer just because of someone else's mistake." jungkook says fully facing the madam. "i always make sure i get what i want but i'm not cruel."

a proud smile forms in namjoon's lips with the younger's words. they had a long conversation about all this and he remembered how the other said that a lot of the dolls had already been treated unfairly if there's another way of getting V out of the shop with involving less people possible then they should at least try to do that first.

the madam didn't reply just making a small nod of acknowledgment.

"and mister jeon your promise." the madam says lowly with jungkook clearly understanding what she meant.

"don't worry, madam. i'm a man of my words i'll be sure to keep my mouth sealed about this to the government. although, i can't assure you that they won't find about all this on their own when they do a background check on V." jungkook says, a small frown forming on the madam's lips.

"let's just hope for the best, madam." the dark haired male making a respectful bow towards the madam before finally turning and walking out of the office leaving the madam and the shop manager.

"you had me fooled, mister bang." the madam speaks as soon as the doors were shut. a sudden tension in the room rising. the shop manager letting out a sigh as he faces the madam who now stood by the window, eyes gazing outside.

"you've been working for me since i've taken over this shop and not once did you disobey me. to say i'm disappointed is an understatement." jennie says.

this betrayal was something she hadn't expected one bit. the old man had been with her from the beginning.

it wasn't that hard to put the pieces together. she knew that the old man had a soft spot for the youngest doll and she could see how his face would turn sour every time she would mention about the auction. the manager hadn't verbally opposed her with anything about it but he hadn't agreed to it either.

he was the only one who knew about her signing him up for the auction, he was there when V's mother signed the contract, when he hired someone to change the brunette's records and she even mentioned about the young doll taking the pills. he was the only person who would've known about it all and tell the dark haired male.

he was the person she trusted the most.

"i understand your anger towards me madam and that you may not forgive me anytime soon." the shop manager calmly states. "but i sincerely apologise to say that i don't regret any of my actions."

she also knew that the old man knows that she'll be figuring this all out very soon and that there was no one else to blame. he was very out in the open, like a deer out in a open field.

the old man was just brave enough to push through and deceive her upfront. a soldier going in a battlefield unarmed and prepared to die.

the room was engulfed with silence before the madam spoke again.

"thank you for your service, mister bang."

the now former doll shop manager briefly stares at the madam's back before he makes another bow, a sad smile on his lips.

he removed his name plate and gently placed it on the madam's desk before turning back to the madam of the doll shop.

he already knew this is how it will end for him the moment he decided to help the brunette doll and the vip guest.

"it was an honor to work for you for all those years, madam kim jennie."

with those words, mr bang made one last full bow to the woman he had served faithfully for years before finally exiting the office.