a date

"Skye, you got mail," Mom yelled from the kitchen. I scampered out of my room and into the hallway. Norman stood holding a large bouquet of flowers and Mingus a card.

"Not from us," Norman said, placing them in my arms. "From the kid across the hall."

"He had them ordered," Mingus snorted, shoving the card under one of my armpits.

"What was it?" Mom asked, coming through with Oskar on her shoulder. "Oh dear. I'll go get a vase."

Mom placed the flowers in a vase for me and I put them on my windowsill. I opened the window, my satin curtains floating in the background, and looked down on the Atlantic streets. I quickly snapped a photograph of the window and uploaded it to Instagram.

"A beautiful special delivery for our one year anniversary, thank you @chandlerriggs5"

I opened the card up and pulled it carefully from the envelope. The front of the card was littered with photographs of the two of us over the past year which read "To Skye, love Chan".

I opened the inside and he had one of his poems typed on the left. He wrote it during an English tutoring class we were in on set. I told him how much I loved it; he must've remembered. The right hand side read "To my dearest Skye, thank you for the greatest year of all my 16, love ALWAYS Chandler. PS, see you tonight, wear something pretty... you always do x "

His childlike handwriting has always been an endearing trait to me. With a slight giggle, I held it to my chest for a moment before placing it on my fireplace mantel.

From underneath my bed, I pulled out Chandler's gift - a vinyl record player. He's been going on about getting one for months now. I wrapped it up in gold wrapping paper and slid it into a gift bag with two Twenty One Pilots' vinyl albums. I dropped my card for him in and placed it down on my bedside table.

I spent the rest of the morning/afternoon studying online. Norman is considering re-enrolling Mingus and me into a public school again due to the fact the days I'm needed on set are reducing significantly. The Alexandria story arc - so far - has been rather boring for Chandler and I.

My studying was interrupted by Norman knocking on the door. I shot a look up at the door and he had his head poked round.

"Hey," he said, looking at his feet for a second before finding my eyes. "Can we have a talk?"

"Uh, sure?" I said in a questioning tone. I shut my laptop lid and put it under my pillow. "What's up?"

"So..." he said, trying to find his thoughts. "One year?"

"Yeah, one year," I repeated, raising my eyebrow. "Is that what you wanted to talk about?"

"No. Well, yeah, but no."

"I'm not following..."

"Here," he said, placing an envelope down on my sheets. I opened the enveloped rather excitedly, my second of the day. I peered in the envelope and frowned slightly.

"Seriously?" I asked, taking it out of the envelope. "A condom?"

"You know," he shrugged looking at his feet. "Just in case."

"You can keep this, Norms," I said, laughing slightly. "One little brother is enough."

"I just want you to be safe."

"Buy me pepper spray. Or a taser. I don't need one of these. I'm fifteen."

"Just take it."

"Give it to Mingus."

"C'mon, don't kid, Mingus isn't gonna get laid."

We both smirked a little and let out breathy laughs.