date night (part 2)

We arrived at his restaurant. He's told me about it before, actually. His family know the owners.

"Chandler!" the waiter says straight away as we walk in.

"Maurice," he smiles, hugging him. "This is Skye."

"So this is the Skye you've been telling us all about," Maurice smirked. I knew Chandler would be blushing behind me. "Hello Skye, I'm Maurice, may I take your coat?"

"Hi," I smiled, letting him take my coat from me and hang it up. He quickly scooped two menus up and walked us to our table.

"I'll give you some time to think," he smiled, leaving the menus.

"So you've been telling people about me?" I smirked.

"Of course I have," he smiled. "Why wouldn't I?"

"No reason," I said. "I'm pretty darn fabulous, aren't I?"

"The most fabulous," he replied in a girly voice.

"What looks good?" I ask, scanning my eyes along the menu.

"Well..."

"If you say me so God help me I'll kick you under the table."

"Well, I wasn't going to say the steak is good but you're a close second."

I blushed.

"Not everything's about you Skye," he joked, tapping his hand on my knee. Maurice came back and lit the candle on the table. He brought us two large pints of Coke and ordered a steak for me.

"You excited to start filming?" Chandler asked.

"Of course," I replied. "I can't wait for it, actually. You?"

"It's going to be very... time consuming," he frowned a little.

"We'll be together a lot, won't we though?" I asked. "We'll still see each other, like, everyday."

"Yeah," he nodded, though he didn't seem too sure. "We should do this kinda stuff more often. Come out for dinner."

"It's not like either one of us is moving state," I laughed. "It's okay."

"Well, I've got other projects too," he said, sipping the coke. "I'll be out of town a couple day at a time."

I felt his hand on the table and looked him in the eyes.

"Chandler. It's okay!" I laughed. "Are you dying?"

"No, wh-"

"Exactly," I smiled. "It's okay for you to have a life out of me."

"I know," he frowned. "But maybe I don't want to."

"Chand-"

"Dinner is served!" Maurice smiled. I was starving Norman hasn't got into the habit of cooking meals for us just yet. We sat silently, enjoying the succulent meal. Both of us were happy with the silence. To be frank, I can't even remember hat we were talking about.

"That was unreal," Chandler smiled. "Dessert?"

"I'd love it," I said. "But you must warn me next time. I don't have my purse."

"My treat," he smiled. "I like treating you Skye. Sometimes, you deserve it."

"Thank you Chandler," I smiled, picking up his hands once more.

"I'm happy to..."

"Not just for tonight," I interrupted. He looked straight up at me. The candle reflected beautifully in his eyes. "For everything. I'm so grateful to have you in my life."

"Thank you Skye," he smirked, looking down. I've never noticed how much he looks down at his feet. He stroked my fingers a little. "I'll ask Maurice if we can eat dessert in the garden."

Maurice let us eat dessert in the garden. It was a beautiful garden as well. We split a sundae. We laughed over stupid stuff, like that time they tweeted picture of me asleep or something Mingus said. I hope he and Gray are okay. We stood on the barrier that looked out onto a little lake. I'm surprised I've never seen this place before. The moon bounced onto the water and made it beautiful to just lose yourself in.

"Skye," Chandler said. I looked to him. His lips were trembling a little. He lifted my hand and face me.

"What is it?"

"Look, there's something I've been meaning to ask you for a long time now and I'm afraid if I don't say it now I never will so here it goes," he said, finally drawing a breath. "Skye, will yo-"

I knew what he was going to say. The past couple of months have been building up to this. I prepared myself to answer. Of course. I played it out in my head. He'd be stoked and pick me up and we'd kiss. It'd be perfect.

"Chandler!"

We both dart round. His mother and father stood before us.

"Ayyy, it's my boy!" William said. "And his 'friend'."

I blushed as Gina raised an eyebrow at me. She knew.

"Skye?"

I looked behind me and Melissa and Norman stood. Norman did not look impressed.

"Mom, Dad, William, Gina, this is just... great," I smiled. Chandler was going to do it. He was going to ask me and our parents got in the way.

Great.