the decapitation (part 3)

I told them everything. That she and dad hit me at home, that she made me walk in the harsh conditions, that she pushed me over and cut my face. I told them everything. I'm no longer aloud to live with either of my parents. I'd have to collect my things with supervision and cut all contact with them.

"We'll leave you for the time being," the policemen said. Robert and Melissa sat on either side of me.

"I have to go buddy but we'll get things sorted out, I promise," Robert insisted. I nodded. Melissa looked and me but I couldn't look at her. She's torn me away from my family.

"Skye..."

"Don't."

"I care about you." I knew she did, I knew she was right. If I was an adult and seen a child being treated like I was, I'd of done something about it.

"What am I suppose to do now?" I blurted out through the tears.

"We'll sort it out, don't worry," she said. She put her arm round me. A little knock came from the doorway.

"Hey," Mingus said.

"Hi," Melissa replied. "Maybe you should come back later Ming."

"Can't I sit in here?"

"No buddy, she needs quiet and rest." He stormed away, cussing under his breath.

"Can I go help Robert out with filming?" I asked.

"Do you have sunscreen on?"

"No."

"I'll get you some." Melissa walked away. I began to think over today events. It was only 12:30 and all this had happened. Life was becoming very unpredictable. I felt a hand touch my shoulder and I got the fright of my life, truly. I banged my elbow of the window and heard the person moan in pain.

"Jesus, Mingus," I said.

"Surprise," he said, rubbing his nose.

"Melissa will kill you!" I said, peering down the window.

"I know, but I have to ask you something." I looked behind me to make sure Melissa hadn't came back.

"What?"

"Do you like the locket my dad and I got you?"

"Yeah, how'd you get it made so quickly?"

"We know a guy. Anyways, open it," he urged me. I unclipped it and looked at the two pictures. The one on the left was a paparazzi picture of Mingus and I last night, the other was the picture on twitter of Chandler and I.

"I love it, thank you," I said, sliding my hand down the window. Mingus held onto it, he looked into my eyes and bit his lip. He stroked his thumb over mine.

"Skye," I heard Melissa yell. "I've got it!"

"Run, go, quick!" I said to him. He was gone in seconds, dodging his way through the trailers. I sat on the chair with a bottle of water.

"Your locket's open," she said, pointing to it. I snapped it shut. She knelt down and began to layer it on my arms, leg and back. She softly rubbed it in. She looked up at me and smiled. She plonked a piece of cream on my nose. I closed eyes as she gave me warrior like stripes on my cheeks.

"This needs to go on twitter," she said, taking a picture of us. She rubbed it into my skin for me. "Remember your hat and water, I'm just nipping out here quickly." She ran out and my phone buzzed.

@mcbridemelissa: hot day in Atlanta, my little buddy @SkyeMonroe even got sunstroke, remember your sunscreen folks! #TheWalkingDead #love #twdfamily.

Melissa came back and we strolled down to the set. They were about to take a break before filming Hershel death. I've not met Danai yet but I'm excited to. Norman came running over with Chandler and David. Norman picked me up off my feet. My arms numbed as he did. He hugged me tightly.

"What you doing out here?" Norman asked.

"Don't worry Normie, she's got sunscreen on," Melissa said.

"M'lady's tough," Chandler said as Norman put me down. He hugged me. I put my arms above his shoulders as he hugged my waist. David cleared his throat.

"You okay bud?" he said, kneeling down next to me.

"Yes sir," I said, as Chandler put his arm around my waist. I subtly moved his arm off my hipbone. Robert came over.

"Skye, can you do me a favour and go sit in my chair, it's over underneath that tree," he said, pointing it out to me.

"Sure," I said.

"Chan will go with you," Melissa said. Urging him to follow.

[AN: This next part will be done in third-person view]

Chandler and Skye walked off over to the tree. He tried to slyly take her hand in his but she slid it into her dress pocket. Robert gathered all the cast.

"How do we break to Skye none of her family are willing to move to Atlanta?" he said, rubbing his forehead.

"I'd take her on," Andrew said. "But I've already got two of my own."

"I haven't even met her," Danai said.

"I will," Melissa said.

"No, I will," Norman said. "Kids most comfortable around me and Mingus anyway."

"I think she comes to me for advice a lot more than she does you," she said, get defensive.

"How about we ask her?" Scott suggested.

"Skye," Gale ordered.

[AN: Back to Skye's p/v]

I heard Gale yell for me.

"C'mon," I said to Chandler. We walked over.

"Look, honey, we don't know how to tell you this but none of your family really want to move to Atlanta," Robert sweetly broke to me.

"Does this mean I can't be Cleo," I said, as bitter stinging tear began to grow.

"No, no, no," Norman said, barging past him. He held my hand and wiped away a tear with another. "Melissa and I have an offer for ya."

"You could come live with either of us," Melissa said. "We love and care about ya so much that we don't want to see you go." I hugged the both of them.

"We all care about you Skye, you're one of The Walking Dead family now, stuck forever," Andrew said.

"Okay, I need places in a five minutes," Robert said, breaking the silence. It was just Melissa and I. She placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Now, Skye, you're dad's flying into Atlanta for the court case," Melissa said. "I know it's upsetting but you're going to have to collect your things from the apartment. Norman, David, Andrew and I will all be coming just in case anything happens okay?"

"Okay," I said, leaning my head on her. She wrapped her arm around me.

"You're a brave little lady aren't you," she said. I nodded.

"I hope so."