first day filming! (part 1)

"Last warning," Norman said. I groaned. "I have the bucket ready, 3,2-"

"I'm up!" I screamed. He pulled my covers off me and gave me a fireman's lift.

"You are now," he said. "Get ready, I'm gonna go deal with Ming."

"Whatever," I mumbled. I had showered last night and my clothes were sitting out. My littler ritual. I brushed my hair and pulled on my outfit; dark denim shirt, black jeans, white converse and a cream cardigan. I sighed, 6:15. I applied subtle makeup. Although I was going straight to the studio, a little make up wouldn't hurt. My hair was curly in result of going to bed with it wet so I just sprayed some sea salt spray in my hair.

"Skye, come get breakfast," Norman yelled.

"Coming," I yelled back. I redownloaded my twitter app, looking down at my phone, when I suddenly kicked over the bucket of icy water.

"Shit-fuck-balls!" I cussed at the top of my voice. Norman knocked on the door.

"I don't like the sound of that," he said entering. He looked at the huge puddle. "Whoops, never mind."

He simply laughed and through a towel on it.

"You're not mad?" I asked.

"Don't care," he shrugged. "All I care about is that you get something to eat."

"I'll be through in a second," I laughed. I opened my drawer and pulled out a scarf Melissa had given me when I stayed at her house last week. It threw my outfit together nicely. Plus, it smelt of Melissa. The aroma of something really matters to me. One smell can bring back so many long forgotten memories. I walked into the kitchen and picked up a slice of toast.

"Sit down," Norman said. I was awkwardly standing over my the fridge. I was too excited. I wanted to go now!

"Oh," I mumbled, taking a chair.

"Did you both sleep well?" Norman asked.

"Yeah," Mingus and I replied. It was too early in the morning to divulge into an intellectual conversation.

"You?" I asked after a moment of silence.

"Meh," he uttered. He boiled the kettle.

"Can I have some coffee?" I asked. He laughed to himself.

"Exactly like your mom," he chuckled. He poured me a cup but we didn't have much time.

"I'll get Mingus into the car," Norman said. "You make sure Riggs is ready."

"Let me guess, we're taking him?"

"His mom's real busy."

"Thought that," I laughed. I left first since Dad would take a while longer getting Mingus manoeuvred out the house. I feel bad for Ming. He hates being treated like an invalid. I chapped on Chandler's door. He answered it promptly.

"Good morning," he sang.

"Someone's cheery," I said.

"Birds flying high, sun in the sky, it's a new dawn, it's a new day and I'm feeling good," he winked. Mingus must've told him I was playing that song in the shower last night. We began walking down the stairs

"Nice song choice," I teased. I looked down to his rucksack. "What's in there?" It was bulging out and wasn't fully zipped.

"Nothing really," he said. We reached the car and he pulled my door open. "M'lady." He came round the other side. "Just my Carl hat."

"No way!" I said.

"What?"

"Can I see it?" I asked.

"Believe me, you'll be seeing plenty of it," he laughed, unzipping the bag. I pulled it on and laughed. The four of us took a picture and I uploaded it to twitter.

'Back after a short break. En route to filming with Ming, @wwwbigbaldhead & @ChandlerRiggs #twd'

I got loads of replies regarding the whole Singus v Sandler thing. I laughed while reading a tweeting battle between two girls.

"Shipwars," Chandler laughed.

"Tell me 'bout it," Norman chuckled a little, pulling into the studio. "Caryl this, Bethyl that. Dandrea, Dixonne, heck I even get Daggie!" he ranted. "There's only one damn ship that I agree with and it's Rickyl."

We all burst out laughing.

"What about McReedus," Mingus said. He blushed a little.

"I- I- I," he yabbered.

"Get on with it," Mingus laughed.

"I don't have to get on with nuttin," Norman said, a little pissed.

"It's okay Norm," I said, noticing it was irritating him. "We're only teasing."

"Yeah, I know," he said. His face was wash down red and his brow was coated in sweat, despite it being the middle of November. Chandler and I got out the car.

"Need a hand, Dad?" I asked.

"Nah, you two go on in, Gale'll probably be sitting," he said.

"You sure?" Chandler asked, watching him lifting Mingus up.

"Yeah, just go," he said, dismissing us. We walked off and into the studio. Gale was sitting in front room.

"Hi guys!" she enthusiastically greeted us, hugging us both. "Where's your Dad?"

"Just coming," I smiled.

"We're sorting out your costume today." she added. I was so excited to be getting my costume. "And, we've made a change to your script quite a bit."

"Oh," I frowned. I spent all of last night practicing it and had it down to a tee. "How so?"

"Instead of Daryl and Beth finding you, we're going to have you lurking around," she said.

"Can you expand on that?" I asked.

"No she can't, but I can," Robert said from behind me. I turned around, startled, to see him towering above me. He removed his sunglasses and chuckled. "Let's go get a coffee and talk."

[AN]

Thank you guys for helping me reach 5.9K, so close to 6! This'll be a few parts as I feel I have to include quite a bit. These gets few chapters may be a bit boring but an exciting chapter is on it's way!

Annnnnnd in 19 days I'm meeting David Morrissey!I'm so excited 😊

~Remember to vote & comment~

-Morgan