here

"And this would be what your dorm looked like," the dean said, pushing open the door to a spacious dormitory room, equipped with a bed, desk, bookshelves, a dresser and wardrobe, and an en-suite bathroom. It was the 11th dorm I had seen today and the only with no computer provided.

"Is there no computer provided with this package?" I question, inspecting the rooms for any signs of mould or any other unwanted attributes.

"Here at Bowissey Girls' College, we don't use technology outside of the classroom, except on certain days." I looked over to Melissa, who was beaming at the fact. Norman was too busy texting or tweeting to pay attention.

"No technology policy? This school is getting better and better," Melissa said.

"Maybe for you," I mumbled, shifting my backpack.

"You can bring any technology you wish, besides mobile phones, though we lock them up on days they're not meant to be used."

"Go on," I replied, not particularly enjoying the thought

"Mondays we have a strict no technology rule at all. Tuesdays we allow study groups to use computers for study purposes only. Wednesdays are our 'family days'. This is an opportunity for children to video chat with parents or spend an evening with them. Thursday's we allow around one or two hours of free Internet use depending on homework," the dean began.

"And on weekends?"

"Friday's we encourage our student to handwrite letters to their friends and loved ones. Saturdays are used for students to go out and be active. Camping with classmates, playing sports, adding to volunteering hours, or just general study. Sundays we use for a full day of freedom. Television, Internet, and if wished, studying."

"Sounds wonderful," Melissa smiled. "You can still watch the show too."

"Yaaaay," I sarcastically replied. "What's the average GPA at Bowissey?"

"98% of students reach 4.0 GPA average. 2% have reached above this with a boundary 4.4 by cramming a bunch of subjects."

"And university acceptance afterwards?" I asked.

"In the past 15 years? 100%. 66% of which at a Ivy League school."

"That's fantastic," Melissa replied. "Isn't it Norm?"

"Hmmm," he muttered. "Is there other campuses?"

"There's 7. Here in Atlanta, New York, California, London, Paris, Dubai, and Johannesburg."

"I could visit Mingus in New York," I said excitedly, but soon the reminder that Mingus wasn't living with us as much anymore made me frown.

There were so many opportunities for Mingus to pursue his dreams back at Avenues, his school in New York, he'd have been a fool to pass them up. I miss him a lot but I know he's happy. Plus, he's never done snapchatting, FaceTiming, and visiting us.

"I'll leave you time to thinking things through," the dean said. "We'd love to hear back from you Skye, there's a lot of potential within you. I'll await your decision."

Once she'd left we made our way back to the car, where little conversation passed us. I carried a stack of brochures and charts trying to get my head round it all.

"We need to pick Oskar up from Lauren's as soon as we get back home," Norman said after a silence had lingered in the car long enough.