table read

The four of us arrived almost ten minutes late. The cast sat circled round a big table and stared disapprovingly as we hurried in.

"Late," Scott yelled. "What have you been doing with my girls?" Scott was, obviously, referring to Emily and Lauren. The cast burst out in fits of laughter as I took my seat, in between Chandler and Norman.

The scripts were already sitting ready for us and we read out our lines. The atmosphere was great, Norman and Steven were constantly being reminded to be quiet. We read through once and were sent off for a break so Robert Kirkman and the other writers could make last minute adjustments before we read it out once more. I grabbed the bottle of water on my table and lagged behind.

"Skye, Chandler, hang on a second," Gael ordered. I got such a fright, it was almost like the feeling when principle calling you to their office. Chandler pushed himself off the door frame, considering he was almost half way out the door, and swaggered over next to me.

"What's up,boss," he said.

"Take a seat, the pair of you," Robert said, looking up slightly, from an iPad he was taking notes on, and motioning us with two fingers to do so. Chandler pulled my chair out for me and pushed it in.

"Thank you," I mumbled back.

"No problem, m'lady," he replied back, sitting down.

"Oooooh," Greg teased. "M'lady."

"Focus," Robert instructed. "How's your first day going Skye?"

"Good, it's going great, thanks," I replied.

"Everyone making you feel welcome?" Gale assured. Everyone except Scott, I thought.

"Yeah, Scott seems a bit grumpy though," I said, putting it across lightly.

"Oh, we're filming the scene of his decapitation tomorrow, he's a little bit down," she replied. I nodded back.

"So the reason I've actually called you both in here is regarding future story lines," Robert said, bringing all the attention upon himself. Chandler and I looked at each other and looked back to the producers.

"Meaning?" Chandler asked.

"Meaning, we want Carl and Cleo to have a budding-romantic-will-they-won't-they kind of thing going on," Kirkman said, circling something on his iPad. I looked at Chandler and he shrugged.

"Can we have time to think it over?" I asked. Robert looked at Gale and Greg who nodded. He rolled his eyes and sighed.

"I'll give you 24 hours, not a minute more, in that time I want you to exchange phone numbers, video chat thingy majigs, what ever it is kids do these days and figure it out, other wise Cleo might not become as much of a title role," he said. That hit me like a ton of bricks. "Dismissed," Robert continued. We scurried out of the room and into an open, waiting room like area where the cast and Mingus were sat.

"Pulled into the office on the first day newbie," Norman said. I smiled politely in reply, but I honestly didn't feel like smiling. I thought about the problem at hand. Sure Chandler's cute and funny and has the most amazing hair I've seen and what I feared would happen is happening. I'm falling for him. I looked over to him and Mingus. Mingus. Mingus has the most amazing smile, he's nicer and he has beautiful little eyes, like marbles. Way to go Skye, first day on set and you've got a crush on two guys.

"Skye," Melissa called. I looked over to her, Andrew, and Scott. She flicked her hands to get me to come over. I walked over and she patted a seat for me to sit down on.

"Seen you gazing over at the boys," Andrew said, pushing my knee, jokingly. "Which one is it then?"

"Neither." I didn't exactly lie. It was both

"How come you were pulled in with Gael and Robert?" Melissa asked, facing me.

"Just future story lines regarding Chandler and I," I replied truthfully. Melissa seems like someone who acts like a mom on set, that she'd be there to listen to your problems at three o'clock in the morning, who'd drop everything just to listen. Her warmness gave me a sense of reassurance and comfort.

"Need to talk it over?" she asked.

"A little, but not now," I said. It fell silent before Scott interrupted.

"I don't want to go," he said, gazing out a near by window, swirling the liquid in his mug around absentmindedly.

"I'm already gone," Melissa laughed.

"At least you can come back!" Scott laughed back.

"I'll miss you Scott," Andrew offered.

"I'll miss Hershel, it's a pity I won't get to miss Scott," I said as I leaned over, hands supporting my head. He smiled at me.

"Well I for one can't wait to meet Cleo and it's a pity I didn't get to know Skye all too well," he smiled as a tear emerged in his eyes. Andrew went over and hugged him.

"We'll give you a good send off tonight buddy, I promise," Andrew said. I sat confused and looked over to Melissa. She leaned over.

"Maybe you should go speak to the other members of the cast, sweetheart," she whispered, guiding my back up as she sat down next to Scott. I walked over to Norman, Steven, David, Chan and Mingus. Both boys smiled as I approached.

"I need to go to the bathroom, Mingus, come with me," Chandler said but Mingus was already up and away.

"Chandler was just telling us about your little predicament," David said warmly. "Come take a seat." I looked at Norman who flicked his head to the chair. I sat down obediently.

"Whatcha gonna do?" Norman added. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I guess that's something for Chandler and I to discuss," I maturely put across. He nodded in return.

"If you'd like to head back into the room now, we're going to begin in five minutes, five minutes," Gale ordered.

"Yeun, go get my boy and Riggs out the men's room," Norman instructed.

"You got it Reedus," Steven said, jogging down the hall.

"Does everyone here just do what you tell them?" I asked.

"Nah, he lost a bet, he has to be my bitch for two weeks," he laughed. I went to catch up with Melissa when he stopped me.

"Say Skye," he started.

"Yeah?" I asked, stopping in my tracks.

"I know he won't admit it but I think Gussy has a crush on you," he said. I blushed as he pointed out the obvious. "The boy doesn't have the balls to ask a chick for her number but maybe you could give me it or you could ask him for his or something? For me?" he pleaded.

"Sure," I smiled, sort of relieved it seemed that Mingus felt the same way as I did. "I'll just write it down over here," I said, going over to a little table with cue-cards on them.

"Thanks newbie," he said, walking away with his thumb facing sideways onto me. I wrote my number down and put a hyphen next to it and wrote 'Skye' with a love heart. I folded it up and wrote 'Top Secret Message for Mingus Reedus' on the front and put it in my pocket. I looked over to the sink area as Scott washed and dried a few dishes.

"Mr Wilson?" He jumped a little.

"Oh Skye, you gave me a fright!" he laughed. "What's up?"

"Are you alright?" I asked, implying earlier rather than now but, nonetheless, wanted to know either way.

"When you get to my age, sometimes you realise that life is too short, grab every opportunity while you can and don't let go, no matter the consequences," he said, throwing the towel he was using to wash the dishes down.

"Your character touched the hearts of so many. You shouldn't me upset, you should be proud sir, it's not the end, Hershel will always be remembered! Nobody's going to forget the voice of reason in a hurry," I reassured.

"You have a good way with words Skye," he said, patting me on the shoulder. "Would you like to come to my 'final supper' this evening?" he asked. I smiled, I finally felt I had won Scott over.

"I'd be honoured to."