practicing lines & 'date night' (part 1)

Norman got the house. We brought Eye home with us to Atlanta. He took a liking to my bed so he's been by my side a lot of the time. On the Thursday we returned, there was a knock on the door. Norman quickly pulled a t-shirt on whilst I opened the door.

"Mr Kirkman," I immediately said as I seen my boss before me.

"Scripts, first hand," he said with a smile.

"Thank you," I said. We stood in silence for a moment. "Would you like to come in or?"

"Well, yes," he said, entering. He did not normally come in. "I need to thank you."

"What for?" I asked, showing him to the living room; even though he knew his way.

"There's pictures of you and Chandler in New York. The breakfast for dinner. You're really getting into the swing of it."

I nodded and smiled in a fake sort of way. I was sick of pretending now.

"Ayyy, Kirko," Norman smiled.

"Reedus," Robert said. "Heard about you and Mel."

He instantly blushed a little.

"We're not official," he said. "Well, not yet."

"That's what they all say. Anyway, I have exciting news. I've booked Conan and we're last minute slipping Skye and Chandler in. Isn't that great?"

Ahhh, more pretending.

"Wonderful," I smiled. "Cup of coffee?"

"Isn't she just Mel's double?" Robert laughed, patting me on the head. "I must dash Skye but I'll see you backstage at Conan."

"I love Conan!" I smiled as I heard the door slam.

"Me too," Norman said. "That's Saturday so don't plan anything."

"Don't worry," I mumbled. He looked at me sympathetically.

"I'm sorry kid, I forget that Chan and Ming are the only kids you see anymore."

"Nah," I said, flapping my hands a little. "It don't matter, I have some friends as that school."

I didn't particularly say 'that school' in the nicest of ways.

"Ohhh, you don't like Brantwood?"

"Not very much I'm afraid."

"That headmistress seems like a snooty bitch," he whispered, pulling his burnt toast from the toaster.

"So you'll pull us out?" I asked.

"I didn't say that."

"I'm going to see Chandler and practice lines. Text me later."

"Ya, text you the deetz, laterz," he said in a feminine way. I just rolled my eyes and walked into Chandler's. Only once I entered I realised his mother, father and Grayson were sitting there too.

"I'm so sorry," I stuttered, turning round.

"Don't be silly Skye," Gina said. "Come, sit. Chandler's just in the shower."

"Are you sure?" I asked as I stood, with my arms firmly crossed over my front, uncomfortably.

"Please Skye," Grayson smiled, scooching across the chair he was in. I reluctantly sat down. Silence filled the air until we heard Chandler singing.

"CALIFORNIA GIRLS WE'RE UNDENIABLE."

Grayson burst out laughing, as did his parents. Oh Chandler, I thought.