waiting for the end to come

"You're killing me off? You're killing Cleo off?"

I sat in the office on set, only a table between me and Scott, Greg, Robert, and Denise. I looked Greg in the eye when the news reached me.

"'No. Well, technically, no," Scott replied back quickly.

"Technically," I said, feeling the attitude come out of the pit of my stomach. "What do you mean technically. How can you 'technically' not kill a character?"

"Skye, calm down," Greg said, reaching over the table and touching my hand. I took a quick breath and relaxed.

"Look, do you want to hear the plan or not?" Robert asked abruptly.

"Sure," I said, slouching down on my chair, leaning on my head between my fore finger and middle finger. "Do your worst."

"We want to leave it open. Deep. You walk off into the sunset with a backpack and a weapon. You could return. You could not. It's open and up to you and your parents."

"My parents? What do Meli-, I mean my mom and dad have to do with anything?"

"They encouraged it, Skye. A short departure, a time for you to focus on your studies," Scott revealed.

"Are you serious right now? You're going to listen to them? You're going to let them tell you how to do your job?" I yelled, getting on my feet and slamming my fists on the old desk.

"Easy Skye," Greg said. "They just want what's best."

"Oh cut the shit," I said, folding my arms and rolling my eyes. He smirked a little in response. "Does no one understand what this job means to me? This isn't a place I come to work and earn a pay cheque. I've never felt more acceptance or love in my entire life since I came here. You could cut my pay and give me little screen time and I'd thank you for it. This is where I became Skye. Skye Reedus-McBride. Do what you want, you will anyway, just know what it'll mean to me," I said, walking out of the office, giving the door a good slam behind me.

I walked out into the carpark and looked around a bit. I didn't know who I was looking for or what I wanted to say or do to them. What I did know was that I wanted Chandler more than anything at that moment.

He wasn't there. No one was, except Cudlitz and Lauren. I thought I could spot Dad and maybe Dania in the distance but I could've been wrong.

I stormed towards my car and pulled the door open.

"Skye?" Lauren yelled, coming over to me. I half in and half out of my car. Oh brother.

"Yeah?" I smiled, trying to oppress my true feelings.

"Where are you going? We're filming a scene in an hour or two, remember."

Shoot. Just because I'm being killed off doesn't mean I don't have to film everything until then.

"I've... I've," I stammered. "I've just got to clear my head," I said, getting in my car. I put my key in the ignition and rolled the window down.

"You'll be back in time to film, won't you?"

"Yeah, of course," I said, pulling the car into reverse.

"Promise?"

"Promise. I'll see you then," I said driving off. I looked towards the radio for the time. 10:00 exactly. I'd be back by 11:00, ready to film for half past. My hair was done and so was the subtle make up. I was in costume too.