Encountering Him.

×××
Gotham
21/01/2009
{Shadow}

Where was I, you might wonder.

The answer to your question would be Gotham. Go figure, it was only the crazy of the crazies that were willing to go there. That said a lot about my personality, didn't it?

Why am in Gotham, you may ask again.

I stayed behind for a fresh start-a new life with no orders.

How long have I been in Gotham, you ask yet again!

It has been a while.

Who am I kidding, I've been here for approximately a year.

What have I been doing during that time period? Now, I'm sure that you're getting curious.

This is the one question I am always proud to answer! I have been establishing one of the biggest gangs in Gotham, The Shade-short for The Deadly Nightshade-or as most like to call us, "The Silent Death"-you can guess why.

'Shadow, earth to shadow?' I was snapped out of my internal monologue, by my second in command. Well, one of them anyway.

When I got to Gotham, I ran into a gang, " The serpent's eye"-they are nearly inexistent now. You can guess why.

Their leader challenged me because he heard of me, and of course we all know who won.

His lieutenants left him and joined me. And I easily gave them the position of second in command-they were more skilled than their so-called leader anyway.

The first and oldest of the two was Sabre-pronounced Saber.

He had a fetish for anything sharp and dangerous, and his favorite weapon was the Sabre-hence his name. He was a dual wielder and so used two sabers-one for offence, the other for defense. He carried both in scabbards on his back and he was seventeen.

My other second in command was Flame.

As her name might have revealed, she had an abnormal obsession with fire-and was also an accomplished arsonist. She was quite flexible and she kept her cool in heated situations-ironically. She had no favorite weapon in particular, but she loved doing things with her bare hands-and a lighter. When faced with more perilous foes, she preferred to use her flaming batons-yes, she was a baton twirler till her mid teens-and in more dire situations she used a javelin.

She was one year younger than Sabre.

'There she goes, lost in the clouds-again.' I heard Sabre say dramatically, just as I opened my eyes.

'Oh, shut up Sabe. Don't let her hear you.' Flame said, rolling her eyes as flicked the lighter in her hand on and off.

Sabre eyed me up and down. 'I can take her.'

Flame looked at me, then back at him. 'No you can't'

Sighing, Sabre ran his hand through his spiky gelled hair. 'Yeah, you're right.'

I couldn't stop a smile from crawling to my lips. In a way I thought of them as my annoying older siblings, because that's what they were. It didn't matter that they worked for me, they were still two of the three people who could get me to smile.

'Can you guys stop with the banter? We have a job to do.' I said, getting up from my seat.

'Oh, you're up.' I watched the girl with hair that resembled flames jump off my desk like it was covered in needles. She tried to act casual, smoothing out her dark maroon minidress as she spoke.