Darkness (2).

×××

Batman slammed the door to the interrogation room. 'J'onn what happened in there?’

'I got into her mind after you injected her with the serum, but shortly after I was overcome by pain and I accidentally relayed it to all of you, and for that I am sorry.’

'Was it some type of defense mechanism?' Flash mused, rubbing on his temple. Even though it was only for a few seconds, the pain was something he wasn’t in the mood to experience again.

The Martian shook his head. 'No, emotion can be faked but pain can't.’

'So.... You're saying that that was the pain she must have been feeling.’

‘A fraction of it, yes. I barely cracked the wall.' J'onn countered.

'A fraction' Wonder Woman snorted. 'Isn't that an under exaggeration?’

'Yeah, I mean, that pain was intense.’ Flash added.

'Perhaps.' The Martian said.

'But the question is, was it emotional or physical pain?’ Superman asked.

'I have no way to tell.’ J'onn sighed. 'Her mental blocks are already back up.’

'Guys,’ Flash called, tapping on the one-way glass. 'I don't think she's conscious.’

'She's bleeding.' Black Canary said in a cool voice.

Green Arrow chuckled. 'She must have really wanted to punch you in the face, uh, Batman.'

Everyone stared at the archer while Batman glared at him. 'Where did you come from?'

The Green Arrow put his hand to his heart. 'I've been here all this time, you just didn't notice me.’

'I'll go and check her out.' Black Canary said, ignoring the banter.

They all stopped talking and watched her closely as if to judge if she was serious.

'Are you sure, she is very... difficult.’ Batman cleared his throat. ‘Maybe Oliver should go with you.’ He glared at the archer again.

'I can handle it.’ She smiled and walked out the door. Everyone watched silently as she walked into the room. They listened quietly as the heroine unlocked the girl’s handcuffs, and saw her expression when she looked at ground.

'Don't tell me you've got a phobia of blood.’ The gangleader raised a brow as she stood up.

'That's a lot of blood, are you sure you can walk?' Canary asked, looking concerned.

Shadow took a step forward, stayed upright for two seconds, then crashed to the floor.

'Bummer.’ Barry laughed, biting into a chocolate bar.

Instead of asking for help like a normal person, Shadow gripped the table, smearing it with blood and pulling herself up. The girl walked to the door.

'Yes,’ She said, answering the previous question. 'I can walk.’ Shadow continued, seeing the flash of confusion run across the heroine's features.

'She recovered fast.’ Superman commented.

Batman nodded to him, seeming a bit distracted.

'I can't see through the material she's wearing.’ Superman announced after a while, turning off his X-ray vision.

The door opened and Shadow walked through, not even bothering to look at them, her gaze fixed to the floor.

'Sorry for staining your precious interrogation room with my blood.’ She said to Canary.