•°No Way°•

××

Superboy pounded on the Robin's door, every punch carrying the force of his increasing worry.

What the hell was this thing made of!

With a low growl, he put all his energy into this last punch and at last the door flew into the room and collided with the wall on the opposite end.

Conner fell to his knees, supporting himself on the wall, his shirt clinging to his sweat drenched body.

'Superboy?' He didn't need to look up to know Kaldur was wearing a worried expression.

He turned to Aqualad, putting aside his current pain. 'I'll be fine, get him.'

Needing no more words, the Atlantian charged into the room.

At this moment, Artemis arrived with Black Canary.

'What happened?' The heroine asked urgently, staring at the open room.

'He's. . .not breathing,' Conner answered between breaths.

He suddenly felt very weak.

What was that door made out of?

A scream echoed in his mind, shattering his train of thought.

Aqualad! Conner almost jumped, that was Megan's voice.

The Atlantian flew out the doorway unexpectedly but Canary reacted in time, catching him before he slammed into the wall of the hallway.

××
A couple minutes ago

Kaldur felt his breathing slow down, he could feel the electricity tingling against his skin as he walked into the room.

His eyes scanned the bedroom till his gaze landed on the form of Robin on the bed.

The boy was pale and drenched in sweat, and Aqualad could see from here that he wasn't breathing.

Panicked, he rushed forward, but his steps only turned heavier as he got closer to Robin.

The Atlantian felt a strange energy coursing through him in waves, bearing down on him and slowing down his movements. He couldn't force his body forward anymore.

He looked again at the bed, forcefully putting his right foot forward, the energy grew stronger.

Kaldur fell to ground, blood dripping off his lips, he could feel his body breaking apart on the inside. His veins felt like they were about to explode.

The pain almost made him pass out, but if this was how he was feeling, then how about Robin who was right in the center of it.

He hit his hand on the floor in frustration.

Why can't I move forward?

I'm so close. . .

Just a few more steps and I could have helped.

Could he have though?

Maybe he couldn't really do anything.

'Robin.'

His voice came just above a whisper.

'Robi-n!' Kaldur tried again, his voice breaking at the end.