•°Day 6: The Foundation°•

AN: Hey guys, hope you enjoy this chapter, tell me what you think and....

××
Shadow

I couldn't understand.

My eyes snapped open as I glared at the back of the man in front of me who suddenly increased his steps to talk to the guard posted at at the steel door up ahead.

I could feel it, the familiar compulsion to be servient scratching at my brain.

The assassin behind me shoved me forward in annoyance at my slowness, making me almost trip on the chains around my ankles. But I unhurriedly shifted my center of gravity to prevent that, stumbling forward. It was only with heroes that tripping went unpunished.

There could only be one reason. I thought as I was pushed through the door, the number of guards in my security detail increasing.

Why else would I. . .

The sound of hissing made my eyes scan the room in alertness but I found nothing to be wrong. The procession started moving again, out the room and into a concealed elevator.

A blindfold was slipped across my eyes as we stepped off the elevator. The floor beneath me felt wet and cold, the hisses grew louder, and I was almost tempted to ask if anyone could hear it too.

Chucking it up to paranoia, I ignored the sounds, focusing only on the footsteps around me so I didn't accidentally bump into someone and be put down for attempted escape. Then everything went silent, I could have assumed I was alone if not for the almost silent breathing of the assassins.

Have we reached our destination. .

I could imagine Ra's appearing out of nowhere to judge me for my crimes.

Suddenly my eyes were exposed to blinding rays of a red sun, I looked up, turning around as I took in the forest around me, no other thing in sight but crooked, blackened and leafless trees.

My cuffs were gone, but I stayed statue-still.

What was happening?

I stared at the dry, crack-filled earth as a gale blew the powderlike top layers away, nothing but dust in the wind.

Everyone was dead.

Pictures flashed through my mind.

Batman.

Flash.

Martian Manhunter.

The entire Justice League,

All because of me.

A piercing pain made me fall to my knees, the memories forcing their way through.

I knew that if I helped, The Light would not be happy.

But I selfishly did so anyway.

Robin hates me now, they all do, if they didn't before.