Day 10: •°Broken Mirror•°

××
Dick

I can't believe he didn't trust me enough to tell me what was on the file.

I glared at the door that caged me in my room, hearing Alfred's footsteps just outside.

He doesn't trust me to stay.

Moving my gaze to the computer in front of me, I frowned.

I thought he'd understand.

My fingers moving across the keyboard a smile unconsciously crept on my lips.

×

'I swear,' a quiet voice started next to me, 'you bats love your computers more than your life.'

I looked up, my eyes leaving the hard drive in my hands as I tucked it into my pocket.
'You.'

'Yes me, Robin.' she said with a small smile.

'W-what?' I cleared my throat and stood up. 'What are you doing here?'

She rolled her eyes but her smile grew. 'Was it necessary to risk your life for some hardware?'

'What are you doing here?' I almost growled. Bruce was just a few blocks away.

She sighed, turning to the burning building I had just jumped out from. 'My best friend just died today. I guess I wanted to see if you were still alive.'

'But not for long if you keeping getting yourself into situations like these.' she continued and tossed something in my direction.

I caught it before it hit my face but when I looked back up, she was  gone.