Inked.

Hope you like this chapter.
P.s, The pic above is the sword Shadow uses in the flashback.

×××

'And what is the connection Shadow has with you?' The Dark Knight asked Artemis coldly.

'Deathstroke and Shadow have worked together as a team since she was a kid. Sportsmaster and Chesire had made coalitions with them, on occasion.' Artemis argued.

'I can understand suddenly remembering that Shadow is Deathstroke's apprentice, but how could you forget that you knew Shadow entirely?' Batman inquired harshly.

'I don't know, okay!' She yelled.
'I've been asking myself the same question ever since I woke up. But I do know this, something Shadow said triggered my memory, along with the pain, it was so similar to that day. She wanted me to remember.'

The heroes all knew what day she was talking about, her first recovered memory, the day Shadow had spared her life.

'Since I woke up, everything became so clear. Questioning my identity. Accusing me of knowing her. The fight. It was all to get me to remember, because she couldn't come straight out and tell me.'

Everyone, including her teammates, were silent, listening in closely.

'Artemis, why's that?' Green Arrow asked, putting a hand on her shoulder.

'She had no choice.'

Seeing the look on her mentor's face, Artemis elaborated, scowling.

'Shadow was bound by a oath of loyalty to Deathstroke, a little bit severe, but useful when you have a lingering fear that the person whom you train will turn against you. She couldn't have told us even if she wanted to, but she knew that I knew.'

'It was just an oath,' Batman started, 'I doubt that Shadow couldn't bring herself to break it.'

Sighing, Artemis shook her head.

'She is bound by magic.'

'Magic!' The heroes asked in surprise.

'Making her unable to utter a single secret her mentor has, but obviously in this case it was altered to make her unable to reveal his identity entirely.'

'How do you know all this?' Batman asked, somewhat suspicious.

'Sportsmaster informed both I and Chesire of all Deathstroke's unorthodox methods. He admired the Light's severity.' Artemis replied coldly. 'It no surprise why Shadow is indifferent to anything and everything, to become Deathstroke's apprentice at such a young age and survive, is a feat. Almost nobody can match him in cruelty, and almost no one becomes his apprentice, you can say they all died before they got the chance.'

'Artemis, why did you forget?'
Black Canary asked her softly.

'I. . . I don't know.' Artemis replied, putting her head in her hands. 'I don't know.'

'Maybe as result of emotional trauma, her memories were repressed.' Black Canary turned to the others, particularly the Martian in their presence.

'That could be the case.' He agreed succinctly.

'Trauma, emotional trauma?' Artemis mumbled to herself repeatedly.

'Artemis?' Black Canary started, turning to the female archer.

'That's it' Artemis piped up startling everyone. 'My father always said I should be more like her, it was always "she can do this better and she's younger, have some respect." So I competed against her in everything, and always lost, badly . . . It only got worse from there.'