Memories And Delusions.

×

'KidFlash, he. . . he got hit by Joker's laughing gas, and none of the antidotes are working.' Robin's voice shook and he kept avoiding my eyes so I took the time to examine him.

He looked sickly pale. I spotted cuts and bruises through his tattered uniform, and his cape was nowhere to be found.

'Alright,' I nodded slowly, mickle strands of hair falling into my eyes as I did so. 'So, what are you going to do about it?'

He stared at me, not blinking. 'I think I need your help.'

I stared at him for a moment, brushing the bangs out of my eyes and failing. 'Excuse me, what?'

'I need your help.' he repeated.

'I. . .why me?', I sighed, giving up on my hair as I laid my hands by my sides.

'You're an assassin.' He told me like the answer was obvious.

I sent him a questioning look.

'Tell me you don't have a way to help him, and I'll not bother you again.' He grabbed my hand, desperate.

'I. . .' My breath caught in my throat.

'I don't have a way to free him, or you. I'm sorry, in the end your fates are intertwined forever, it is best if you leave now.'

I forced back the memory.

Don't leave your bird hanging Shadow. . . I mean, your practically gaping at him like hes a bar of chocolate. Don teased.

I snapped my jaw shut, as Robin looked at me for an answer.

'Okay, take me to him.'

Robin nodded, relieved, as though a huge weight was taken off his shoulders.

'So, why did you come to me for help?'
I asked, as he pulled me alongside him.

'You mean why ask you for help at all?' He ran the hand that wasn't clasped with mine, through his hair.

'The Justice League is on this already, The Joker alters his gas periodically, I know that, but this time it seems like it's a completely different formula.'

'So you think I know what the antidote for this new formula is, but nobody trusts me. Still you want me to try. I see.'

My voice came out harsher than I expected.

Dats my gurl, act normal, like you weren't just practically drooling when you saw his washboard abs of steel through his shirt. Don sighed unabashedly.

If it can even be called a shirt, it barely covers anything, Damn, if I was you ild have ripped off the bloody thing just to get a feel of that manly goodness.

I stiffened.

Or don't you feel the same, sweets.

I lowered my head, my hair shielding my face as I bit my lip. Shut up Don.

'We're here.' Robin announced after our long period of awkward silence.

I looked up for a moment.

Did I feel used?
Yes.

Was I going to try my best?.
Probably.

Am I going to kill Don in the near future?
Consider him dead.

×

KidFlash was writhing on a hospital bed, convulsing in uncontrollable laughing fits, a large grin splitting his face. Aqualad and Conner were by his side, holding him down.