Round And Round

-
I counted the hours, the minutes, the seconds that passed me by.

I was at ONE.

One whole hour since Robin left me in this cell, an hour since I knew the time was , 1:00 am April 1st.

-

Two, it was two now.
The ticking of the imaginary clock in my head keeping me calm, sort of.

Was I going to do nothing but stare at this wall.
This plain white wall.

-

Three.

Three hours, seventeen minutes.

The lights had gone off two minutes ago, I was now immersed in darkness.

It felt homely, the shadows hugging me...in their own way, they were the only friends I knew I had.

-

Four, I could see now, an hour later, it seems my eyes just take longer to adjust, I'll need to work on that.

I shut my eyes.

-

Five.
It's a sad thing, time, the reason why I hate clocks.

With every tick of the clock, every move of the second hand, you are moving closer to your unavoidable death.

I don't know why anyone will want to be constantly reminded of that, the sound of your life going down the drain is inevitably, tick tock.

-

Tap.

It was sharp, like the drop of a pin in a silent room.

I had no clue who it was, nor was I so eager to find out.

The steps got closer and closer, I let out a breath.

'I am here to take you to meet Batman.'

I opened my eyes to look into the pale green eyes of Aqualad to my right, on the opposite side of the field.

'Why would The Batman, want to see me by 6:00am in the morning.'

'I am not allowed to divulge that information,' He said as he brought down the force field.

I stepped out, cautiously optimistic that I was not about to be questioned again.

I felt my arms being forced behind my back, the cold metal of the manacles biting into the skin of my wrist. I bit my lip.

'Sorry, but this is precaution.' He apologized.

'No need to apologize, I understand.' I said, trying to assure him. But even I could hear the falseness in my own words.

We started walking.

'You know, as the leader all the blame for everything that happened in the past five hours is pinned on you, right?'

I knew nothing would happen to him, I just wanted something to fill the silence, anything at all.

'I understand the circumstance.' He said simply.

I huffed. 'So you say, but can you accept the consequences of keeping me prisoner here.'

He stopped dead in his tracks and turned to look at me. What did I say wrong this time?

'You speak Atlantean.' It was more like a statement than a question.

My eyes widened. 'It was a complete accident, I will not speak a word of it.' I diverted my eyes to the floor. 'That is if you don't want me to, Aqualad.'