The Past.

××
Robin

Shadow needed me, but I guess they didn't know that. And if they did, they didn't seem to care.

I watched the heroes banter back and forth about Shadow being a problem just because she had started killing again.

It isn't like the victims are innocent. I scowled, then chided myself.

No one deserved to die.

But I felt pain.

I felt useless, helpless and alone. And feeling this way only made me sick and disgusted at myself because I knew, I was sure as hell knew that Shadow was feeling worse, was going through hell and was hating herself.

I felt like throwing up.

She isn't as heartless as everybody thinks. I let out a breath, a smile settling on my lips as I remembered that night.

Five years ago, we were both nine and shortly after we met we made a bet and I won, I knew she let me win though. But still, I couldn't let the moment pass, I wanted to get back at her, hard.

'I win, you sore losing loser!' I announced proudly, standing atop our favorite rooftop which happened to be Wayne Tower's. All of Gotham was visible from below and the night sky twinkled with obvious stars.

'Quit being annoying, Robin.' She pouted, looking away. 'You know I I let you win.'

'Aww,' I jogged to her, leaning on the railings as I stared her down. 'Do you mean it?'

'N-No.'

I grinned triumphantly at my victory.

'Just get it over with, you jerk.' She scowled, shoving me to the side.

'You aren't even going to ask me what I want?' I asked her as I dodged her hands.

'I don't care,' She huffed. 'Whatever it is, I'll do it.'

'Okay...' I trailed off, rubbing my chin as I watched her fidget. It was natural for her to be nervous, I had made her do some wicked things when I won in the past. My grin grew wider. 'I want you to kiss me...on the lips.'