Robin and Shadow.

××
Shadow

Now I wasn't surprised to wake up lying on a cold floor to find a forcefield surrounding me, or to see Robin staring intently at me.

I missed you so much.

I wanted to tell him that with every second we were apart, i suffered, not because of the tirture of punushment but because he wasn't there. I wanted to tell him how angry I had been when people tried to hurt him, how worried I had been when Gideon made hint that I might have to kill him.

I wanted ask him if he was okay, if he didn't hate me, if he still care. Instead, I steeled my bleeding heart and glared at him. 'What do you want?'

Robin sighed, walking around the transparent cage that held me prisoner in this room, wherever it was. 'I just got back, trust me, I didn't expect you.'

He didn't expect me. I let out a strangled laugh, forcing myself to sit down even though the stabbing pain in my gut drove the air out of my lungs. 'Are you here to torture me then?'

'Shadow,' he walked closer to the forcefield and I narrowed my eyes at his feet wishing that I could somehow halt his advancement.

No. No. No. No. No. No. No!

'Don't.' I gritted my teeth, hopefully keeping the fear out of my voice. 'Don't come any closer.'

Finally, he stayed still. 'Shadow, I'm sorry.'

'So?' I scoffed, discreetly working on the ropes that tied my hands and arms together. I should go.

He doesn't need me here. I didn't want to be here.

I have to leave. I had carelessly gotten captured. Gabriel would not be pleased and if he thinks I attempted to escape then. . .

'Please, Shadow,' Robin took another step closer, sending my heart bashing against my ribs with anxiety. 'Look at me.'

'No.' I turned away, struggling to remember to breath. If I looked at him, if he looked into my eyes, he'd see how broken I was I'm sure of it and I. . .I would be able to do what I have to.

Kill him and escape, Gabriel's voice taunted me. It's only a matter of time. . .

'If I knew all this would happen, I would have never made you promise not to escape.' Robin said, his voice was emotionless but it made me freeze up.

No. If I hadn't stayed, Eli's life would have been in danger. I bit my lip hard enough for the acidic taste of my blood to seep into my mouth and burn my tongue. I glared at the floor, using the pain to snap me out of my reverie.

I have to leave. Now.

'Stop it. I don't care.' I hissed under my breath, knowing fully well that he could hear me. 'Just leave me, I don't need your pity.'

'I wasn't,' Robin threw his hands up in the air and his aura reeked of frustration. 'Why can't you understand?'

'No!' I shot back. 'Why can't you understand? It's been a couple days for you but it's been an entire month for me. I've been tortured, forced to kill, shot at. . . Now I'm held prisoner by the same people who put me through all that.' I couldn't stop the words once I had gotten into flow of it and by this point I was already screaming. 'Just leave me, I hate you.'

I could feel it, the frigid silence brushed against my skin in teasing circles as he stared me in the eyes. 'So you hate me?'

Robin, I. . . No, I could never. . . But my mind had different words in mind, words that dripped with a bitter truth that made me question if somewhere deep down, I really believed it. 'Yes, I do.'

'Shadow. . .what did they do to you?' His voice didn't contain sadness, and he didn't even sound hurt. Why was he concerned about me?

I don't understand.

I opened my mouth to say something but he continued before I could, his words nearly replying me thoughts perfectly. 'I don't care what's going to happen to me.'

I stared at his determined look, my heart breaking a bit more. I wanted nothing more than to stay and watch over him for as long as I could while I was still alive, yet. . .

'You know me so well, that little act of mine didn't fool you at all.'

I knew I couldn't, so plan two was now in motion.

He flashed me a small smile. 'You aren't petty.'

'I could never hate you.' I whispered softly, wanting him to at least know that much despite what I was about to do.

I won't kill him. . . I have to control myself.

'So, what's going on?' He asked somewhat impatiently and I immediately understood that he wasn't supposed to be here, seeing me. He probably snuck in.

'Okay,' making up my mind I allowed my lips to form an innocent smile, 'but honestly, if you get any closer, I would kill you.'

'So first things first, you have to let me go.' Then I'll knock you out and disappear forever.

Maybe Gideon can forgive me. . . just this once.

-

It's short but trust me, things are going to get so crazy from this point on, that you'd wonder why I called this fanfiction😉.