Number 5

Mia

Two lines, Two lines, Pregnant 3+...

The home pregnancy tests read, well the 3rd pregnancy test I've taken which happens to be the ever so blunt ClearBlue . This will be our 5th child, Dante is my eldest who is 17, he is closely followed by Chelsea who is 15 goin on 16, then twin boys Kyle and Kaya who are 7. And must I add they're ALL a handful.

You'd think telling your husband that you're pregnant for the 5th time would be easy but hell no its nerve wrecking as fuck cause He thinks I'm on the pill which is entirely true seeing I took one before bed last night. I don't know how this happened for real, I'd have to ask my gynecologist tomorrow before I tell August.

Hearing a car pull up the drive way I knew the one piece of quietness I possess is about to fly out the window. And so it did...

"Damn, Kaya you are so annoying" Chelsea's voice sounded off as she walked in.

"Ey, watch your mouth in my house." August scolded her. Then I heard laughing, must be Kyle and Dante, I thought to myself. Then I heard footsteps ascending the stairs and I quickly stuffed all the tests in my gown that hung behind the bathroom door and exited to the bedroom the same time he walked in.

"Hey beautiful." He said walking to me and pecked my lips.

"Hey handsome" I smiled against his lips. Then he pulled back to place his backpack on the floor retrieving his laptop and papers. He handed me what looks like a test, I scanned it and indeed it was Dante's math test which he failed with flying colors, if that could be said.

"36 perc- DANTE ALSINA GET IN HERE RIGHT NOW!" I screamed for him and a choir of oooooohhh's followed after which caused Aug to laugh.

"Go easy on the boy." He said through laughs and I just sucked my teeth at him. Dante waltzed in the room like mr cool only to find his senses when he saw the look on my face.

"Yes mom?" he said standing by his father. I lifted the paper and he looked at his dad who was busy on his computer "pops you snitched?" He asked as if they made a deal on not to tell.

"Ey, I called you in here. 36%? Really Dante?" He scratched the back of his head I guess trying to find his words. "I'm waiting" I said calmly.

"I umm, I kinda got a bit distracted" he responded nervously.

"Distracted by what Dee?" I asked yet again calmly. At this point I was ready to spazz out on him hard.

"I kinda forgot that we was writing the test... soooo I kinda didn't study." He responded looking at the floor.

"Kinda forgot? Dante you do know this your final year in high school right?" He nodded. "so you can't afford to "kinda forget" to study. Have you even applied to any colleges?" I asked.

"No ma'am." He said above a whisper.

"Why not? Do you not wanna further your studies?" I sat on the edge of the bed as Aug stood headed to the bathroom.

"I do mom, I've just been focusing on the upcoming game." he said looking at me.

Aug...

After Dante said that I was ready for what ever Mia was about to say to him. Don't get me wrong she doesn't have a problem him playing ball but when it starts interfering with his school work its a problem.

"Well Dee, if ball interferes with your studies then its best you drop it cause this my son" I'm guessing she held up his test "this won't work with me." She said. I finished doin my business and was standing by the sink washing my hands. I walked to whip them on the towel ready to make my way back to my room but something caught my eye.

3 sticks poking out the pocket of Mia's gown...

I pulled them out and saw what they were.."What the...? Again?" I asked myself shocked. Child number 5? Seriously?. I thought she was on the pill honestly cause she is I saw her take it last night but how did this happen? I'm not mad but I just thought we could wait till maybe the twins are like 10 maybe.

I stuffed them in my hoodie pocket and exited the bathroom like I didn't see anything cause I knew she would glance at me.

"Take this and stick it on the fridge door, and when ever you wanna ask for anything what-so-ever you look at this and just forget about it." Mia said and I laughed resuming my position on the bed.

"But mom... Till when?" Dante asked.

"Till you get this above a 70% then we can talk. So here take." She handed him the paper, he took it then looked at me,

"Thank you so much pops" he said and I laughed more along my wife. He walked out the room and closed the door behind him. It was quiet for 10 minutes till I fished my pocket to retrieve the sticks and placed them on the bed where she could see them.

"What happened Mia?" I spoke still focusing on my computer screen.

"I- I don't know..." she replied nervously like she's scared or something. That's the last thing I intended to do cause I wasn't mad just shocked but never mad.

I looked at her "Why you got fear in your eyes Mia?" I asked and she blinked and a tear fell. "Why you crying baby?"

"Cause I knew you'll be mad at me, I don't know what happened honestly August because I take my pills everyday... I'm sorry baby." She sobbed harder and that crushed me even more.

"Mia baby, I'm not at all mad very much shocked but not one bit mad. You've just made me the happiest man in the world yet again, I'm happy baby and its all thanks to you." I pulled her into my arms and she squeezed me tightly.

"I love you so much August." she whispered against my chest. I pulled back a bit to look her in her beautiful hazel eyes, gosh did God bless me with a beautiful strong Goddess.

"And I love you even more baby and thank you. Call your doctor and schedule an appointment for tomorrow, ok?" She nooded and I kissed her forehead "and also now that we at 5 we can tie and burn those tubes I'm good" I said to her serious as hell but she laughed and agreed.

I'm so grateful to God for my wife and my kids cause yet again I'm the happiest man on this earth. I love her.

FIN!!!

@_Lovely_Me__ I hope you enjoyed it sweetheart.

Please vote and comment too.