Stranger

I was sitting in the living room at home just lazing around because the weather was too gloomy for me to actually go out. So I treated this day as a lazy day, besides rainy days are my favorite. I was only in my boy shorts and a sports bra and my baby bump was all out there.

Being 7months pregnant was the most exhausting thing ever. And to have a baby daddy or as i would refer to him as a sperm donor that was nowhere to be found ever since he went MIA after i told him i was pregnant was an added unwanted exhaustion on it's own.

My door bell rang and I honestly didn't feel like covering up so I slowly got up from the comfortable couch and lazily walked to the door "I'M COMING... DAMN!!!" I said to whoever was on the other side. I swung the door open and saw a dripping wet hot caramel guy.

"Can I help you?" I ask the guy.

"Uhmm Hi. My car broke down and my battery is flat and I don't have a car charger. I was wondering if I can use your phone." He pleaded with a slight clinking of his teeth.

"Sure. Wait you're not no serial killer right?" I  asked seriously.

"No ma'am I'm not." He said laughing. I stepped aside to let him in and i closed the door behind him.

"Thank you." He said while i handed him my phone.

"I didn't realize it was raining this hard outside." I said while walking up the stairs. I went into the guest room where i kept my brothers clothes that he used when he was sleeping over my house and took out sweatpants, long sleeved t-shirt and a black hoodie. As I was about to walk down stairs i remember what i had on and went to my room to put on some sweatpants and a hoodie also.

I walked down stairs and saw that he was still standing but done on the phone.

"Why didn't you sit down?" I frown eyebrows together confused.

"I didn't wanna ruin your furniture." He said with a smile. "I'm August by the way." He put out his hand for a handshake.

"Yn." I shook his hand and they were freezing. "Here, walk up the stairs third door on your left is the guest room you can change in there. Don't want you dying in my house." I said laughing while handing the clothes.

"Are you always this nice to strangers." He asked as he walked up the stairs. I went back to the couch and laid down feeling tired after the workout i just did walking up and down.

"Thank you once again ma... I mean Yn." He says coming down the stairs. I smiled back at him as he sat on the couch opposite the one I was sitting on. I turn my gaze to him from the TV and saw that he was shaking.

"Are you cold?" I enquired.

"Yeah a bit." He confessed.

"Come on." I said to him while getting up and walking to the kitchen. I start pointing at different cabinets "Cups, coffee, tea and sugar, fridge I believe there's milk there. Make something hot for yourself, I'm too lazy." I tell him with a laugh as I rubbed my belly.

"Thank you so much." I boiled the water for him as he did everything else. I walked back to the couch leaving him in the kitchen and he followed me with a cup in his hand.

"Who do you stay with?" he questioned.

"Why? So you can come back and kill me?" I asked looking at him.

"No man. So I can come back and visit you. You have great hospitality." He said laughing a bit.

"Thank you, we try." I respond to the complement.

"We?" He asked looking confused.

"Me and my unborn baby." I said pointing to my swollen bump.

"Ohh. See even better I'll come chill with her too" He said taking a sip from his cup.

"Him!" I corrected him.

"My bad him." He said

My phone rang and he answered since it was near him, it was the person he called to pick him up.

"Thank you so very much for what you did for me, I will never forget it." He said while hugging me and opened the door to leave.

"You welcome August, you can come visit us too." I said as he walked down my porch. I then noticed that he was still wearing the clothes i gave him. I knew he'll be back for his clothes and that made me smile.

Vote, comment and follow