Grow up for CookgurlCook

Here's another one...

Joy Pov

And yet again he's gone out parting. I know he's gon come home drunk and high AF. How I know? Oh let's see... He's always gone. I'm tired of playing the blind wife. I see all the lipstick on his shirt, the hickies, and I smell the female perfume when ever he stumbles back home.

I've spoken to his mama and I done told her that I can't stand what her son is doin and I'm leaving just so he can get his big head together and decide if he still wants to play around or be a husband and a father to our 7 year old son AJ. He needs to decide and fast. But imma still leave and go to my old apartment that I had not sold after i got married to him.

As I was in the kitchen at 2:46am he came through the door drunk and high. At least he wasn't piss drunk like yesterday. He walked to the kitchen dragging himself to the sink for water totally oblivious that I was in there. I just kept quiet and looked at him holding my cup of coffee.

He drank water then turned to the oven looking for his food. He didn't find it there "JOOOOOOOOOY!! WHERE MY FOOD AT MAMA!?" He shouted. "Check the fridge and stop scream you gon wake my son up" I said lowly causing him to jump a bit. "Oh! hey baby, I aint see you there" he slurred "I'm sure" I said walking out the kitchen. I guess I killed his appetite cause he followed me out switching the lights off and walking up the stairs.

We entered the room and he sat on the bed like he was ready for me to scold him. I just went to my side of the bed, got in and switched of my side lamp. "Baby i--" he started "quiet. Go to sleep" I cut him off and he got up, went to shower than came and slept.

MORNING

You must be wondering why didn't I say anything to Aug earlier this morning, well I figured what's the point of arguing with a drunk person, I figured I should wait till dawn then give him my 2 cents. I waited till he was awake. So to kill time I woke up bathed AJ, made him breakfast and took him to school. When I came home he was awake and sitting on the bed.

"Morning bae" he said as I came through the door. "Hi" I said dryly walking to the bathroom.

August POV

She mad! She mad as hell. The way she said "hi" like I'm a stranger. She came out and world war 30 started "where was u last night?" She asked. "Out with Tazz and Nigel and some of their friends" I answered her. "Ohh! U do realize that every night u been goin out and always come home drunk and high af? Every night AJ asks me where you at and I always have to lie to him coz your skinny ass don't know how to act." She said pointed her finger to me.

"I'm sorry love but can't I hang with my friends now?" I asked. " I never said don't go out with your friends August. Just don't leave and come back here with lipstick, hickies and smelling like a woman that shit is disrespectful." She stated. "Baby I do apologies but come on they're my peoples" when I said that its like I unleashed a hurricane of words from her.

"August! You are married, you are a father, your friends are doin whatever they feel, why? Because they are not MARRIED. You have a fucking duty and a role to play. The fuck you mean sayin they're your peoples? If that's so I'll go out every night with MY PEOPLES and get drunk then come home at 3 in the morning. Leave u here with AJ to explain to him where the fuck I'm at. How's that?" She yelled. Gosh what she said made sense but I also have a life to live.

"That won't be nice baby" I said. Then she said something I though I'd never hear her say "tell u what me and AJ are leaving, till you figure out what you want yea?" What? She must be crazy "huh? I didn't hear you Joy, say what now?" I said to her. "Ok! maybe this will clear your hearing" she walked to our closet and started packing her stuff. When she was done she went to AJ's room to pack for him.

"Joy? Why you leaving babe? Look I'm sorry for not being at home often baby just don't leave ok, imma change I swear" I pleaded with her. "Aug, this I need to do. I'm not sure if you wanna be a husband and a father or you still wanna run em streets with your friends. So we'll leave till you decide what u want. I love you a lot papa but I have to leave so u can think."

When she said that she wheeled her suitcases to the car and left. Wow! I've been so stupid. I put my friends before my family. I actually did that shit man. I need to change and change for the better before I loose her for good.

Joy POV

Its been a month and Aug has been beggin me to come home. Saying that he has changed but I don't believe him. He calls every night without fail to hear how AJ is and when are we coming home. And I always tell him that 1 answer "when u done playin around". He sounds sooo sincere though. I think its time I went home caz AJ been wanting to go anyway.

So we drove home and his car was parked. We walked in the house and saw him on the couch just looking at the TV with no expression."Hey" I said standing by the door. He looked at me and literally ran to us first hugging AJ then me. "AJ! Take your bags upstairs" I instructed. "Yes ma'am" he replied. As soon as he disappeared August attacked me with kisses " I'm so sorry Joy for the shit I did baby. I choose you ok please don't leave me I choose my family" he said with tears falling from his eyes. That really showed me that he is changing. I pulled him to a hug "ok love. I'm not gon leave you hush now, mama here ok?"

We went to the kitchen and he cooked us a fabulous meal and made dishes... I think I should leave him more often lol..

Well Joy I hope you enjoyed it

Please Vote and Comment.

I'll be waiting for birthday wishes tomorrow lol.