Chapter 10: Ice Cream Snow Balls

I was planning on a swift exit and I was not expecting the hand wrapping itself around my wrist, I yelped when Kyle forcefully pulled me back making me walk backwards. Now, I stumbled over my own feet and with the help of a little spilt ice cream I as falling backwards, my butt landing in the treat table. I blinked when I felt the coldness of the sauces and liquid chocolate soak through my jeans I shivered, glaring at Kyle. I made ‘ew’ sounds as I shuffled forward my hand meeting sickly treats; there was a loud screech as the front legs gave way at the table tipped forward with a loud crash. Millions of candy scattered across the floor and I moaned at the paint that shot through my butt. I sat in disbelief when I realised what had just happened. When Kyle’s trainers appeared in my vision, I was hesitant to look up, slightly scared of what he would do.

After clenching my ice creamed hands together, I looked up. Kyle looked down at me, his face dripping with melting ice cream, sprinkles stuck to his cheek and a chocolate button was attached to his forehead. I bit my bottom lip to stop myself from laughing at his face, when Kyle did the unthinkable, he burst out laughing.

His laughter was loud and booming as he hunched forward, his hands clutching at his stomach.  He pointed a finger at me, “You…your…face…phaaaa!” tears where streaming down his face and I narrowed my eyes at him.

Did he really find this funny?

I was cold, wet and covered in ice cream and candy…wait; I was covered in ice-cream, yum!

“You think this is funny?” I asked as I twisted around, my fingers groping at the spilt candy on the floor, with little effort I scooped it up and threw it as his laughing face. I cackled in hysterics when some got in his open mouth making him cough and splutter.

After regaining his composure he looked down at me with narrowed eyes before glancing over at the table across the room, “You want to start?” he questioned and my eyes widened when I realised his intention. I lunged forward, wrapping my arms around his legs. Kyle tried to shake me off but I pulled myself around him wrapping my legs around one of his as I hung on for dear life. Kyle was dragging my butt across the floor as he made a beeline for the ice-cream.

Kyle dragged me along with ease as if I was a dog humping his leg; I let out a squeal when I felt ice cream being dropped down the back of my top, after digging me nails into his leg for extra measure I pulled away.

“You are so dead.” I cackled, quickly standing up, my trainers skidded on the Smarties but I managed to straighten myself. Quickly dunking my hands into the ice cream, I missed the hand heading toward my face and was met with coldness and blocked vision as I tried to pull away. Ignoring the cold and loss of vision I used Kyle’s closeness to my advantage I shoved my frozen hand in his face while laughing.

Yum, I could taste Oreo.

War officially broke out after that, I had taken the opportunity to run while Kyle was in a daze, my hand holding down the whipped cream lever as I hid behind the machine only stepping out to pick up scoops off the floor. Kyle however had resulted to making ice cream snowballs, which felt like bricks when they made contact with my thighs. My cream balls where really not working, my creation almost melting and only splattering the floor and parts of Kyle when I threw them. I then resulted to using the squeeze bottle of sauces, smiling evilly when I got him in the eye. I squealed and cupped some more whipped cream when Kyle started advancing forward, handfuls of melting goodness. I ran around the counter and added some sprinkles to Kyle’s ‘gift’ I know I’m so thoughtful.

“You’re going down, Princess.” He announced and I quickly ducked, my eyes widening when the ice cream splattered into the wall where my head had been. I pouted when I realised my whipped cream tower had splattered on the floor. There was a clanging of metal as Kyle swiftly climbed over the counter, his feet nearing mine as he grabbed the front of my shirt, pulling me up.  I was giggling and slightly shivering from the cold when I noticed how close our face was when there was a loud screech from behind Kyle. I stepped back my eyes flickering to the lady who was gasping like a drowning fish.