Chapter 25: He Did It On Purpose!

Chapter 25: He did it on purpose!

We were escorted around a corner and the men gave me a look that said ‘ever-come-to-this-building-again- I-will-shoot-you-right-between-the-eyes’. I tried to keep the smile of my face as they left not glancing back at us. After 5 minutes of Kyle explaining and checking the pizza over and over again, they decided I was joking. If I have learnt something today it’s that don’t joke with agents. They will kill you, for joking! I had to stand in the box as a green light scanned me checking for weapons or bombs, ha ha.

“Hey Wollie.” Kyle greeted his anger slowly burning out.

 Yep, I know how to describe Kyle now. Do you want to hear my view on him? He is a…Candle.  A great big fat burning candle. When you see a candle your likely to sing ‘burn baby burn’ but when your blow it out your like ‘ha bitch, light yourself back up now!’ No? Only me then, this is slightly awkward. Anyway I forgot to mention the bit where you tease the candle. You have never teased a candle? I suggest you do it right away, find your brother, sister or friend and tease them with something you have that they want. It like teasing a candle when you blow gently on it, so it nearly goes out Caution do not try this at home! I am a professional candle blower -I really should rephrase that- remember being a candle blower could end up with a punch in your face (what Kyle wants to do right now).I looked at the bold man. Wollie? Seriously? His name is Wollie. I looked him up and down wondering if he was wearing stripy red and white socks underneath his suit.

“Gwen this is Wollie.” He didn’t sound too pleased about talking to me, but introductions are important. 

“Where’s Wollie?” I joked and looked around. 

Kyle’s lips went into a tight line. 

“Ignore her.”  Kyle said and the bold man nodded, his forehead   was creased as he looked at me like I was a fly that needed to be squatted. I think everyone wanted to squat me today. 

“Going up?” he asked and Kyle nodded. 

Wollie pressed a button the elevator and it opened automatically. I whistled when I looked inside. The floor had lush green carpet that looked like you could bounce on it and fly to the moon. It was decorated with light wood that looked golden and rich. The buttons, well there was no buttons it looked like Wollie controlled the whole thing. We stood in and before the doors closed I shouted to Wollie “I’ll find you later Wollie!” I waved and the doors closed. 

“Where’s Wollie?” Kyle questioned. 

“You know, the book Where’s Wollie you have to find him.” 

“I know what it is Gwen.” And then he burst out laughing. I stood their completely shocked as he laughed almost dropping his whole shop everywhere. 

“Their faces were priceless. A bomb, wow no one has ever been as stupid as that.” He laughed.  

“You know you should laugh more.” I blurted. 

His laughter cut off and he stared at me “What?” 

“You know laugh ho ho ho or ha ha ha.” 

“I do laugh.” He defended. 

“You call a fake laugh a laugh?” 

He shuffled his feet “A laugh is a laugh, you were the same.” 

“What do you mean by that?” I asked offended. 

He paused and shuffled on his feet again “When you first came here you was like ‘I don’t give a moneys rat’s ass about you guys, so get out of my face.’” He attempted to mimic my voice.