Chapter 28: Burn Baby Burn

Everything was as if it was in slow motion as I looked at Kyle who seemed to be trying to listen. That’s it as soon as we get out of here I’m going to get him a hearing aide.

“We need to get out of here, right now.” As if the house was doused in petrol the whole house seemed to radiate heat in seconds. 

“It’s get in hot in here, so take of all your clothes.” Kyle snag and laughed. 

“Petrol,” I muttered to myself “the whole house the unfamiliar smell it was petrol. Kyle this has all been pl-“there was aloud crack and I glanced behind me to the stairs. Kyle's head snapped up. 

“You have got to be kidding me.” He grabbed my hand pulling me to the stairs. 

The whole of the stairs had been engrossed with fire, I watched as it lapped at the wood hungrily. 

I coughed from the black smoke and put a hand to my mouth. 

“Impossible.” He breathed and pulled me to the room that we had just come out off. 

“There’s no way out.” I coked out holding back a sob. Everything had been fine a minute ago. I could just make out Kyle's face through the black smoke and the loud crackling as the wood burned. It wouldn’t take long for the whole house to fall down. 

He pulled me over to a window as we kept low.

 “You’re going to have to jump!” he shouted.

“Are you crazy? No way!” I told him. 

There was a loud crack that echoed throughout the whole forest and I watched scared as the middle of the floor cracked and fell to the ground sending sparks and black smoke in our faces. 

We were pressed back against the wall. 

I watched as he pulled his elbow back and drove it into the misted window there was a loud crack and it shattered falling to the ground below. 

I screamed when the fire began to move closer engrossing the door frame and the floor that had fallen was shooting sparks up. If my calculations were correct it wouldn’t have hit the kitchen yet. 

“If you don’t jump I will through you out!” he choked out. 

“I don’t know how to land.” I stuttered. 

He seemed to think for a split second. 

“I’ll go first. I will catch you.” He said and before I could stop him he put his hat in my hands and climbed through the window I gasped and watched as he did a cool little roll that stopped him from getting hurt. Why can’t I do anything like that? 

“Jump,” He shouted. My eyes closed into a squint as I looked at him through the thick smoke. He was stood still his hand cupping his eyes; his face was angled towards me, his eyes where to in a squint making him look like he was blind. 

What if he doesn’t catch me? And I fall to the floor with a SPLAT; people will have to bring a scrapper to scrape my splattered body of the floor. 

I sent a silent prayer to anyone who was listening and hoping it was not a devil. Have you ever had a devil? Don’t say you haven’t because I bet you have. Want to know what a devil consists off? Well, when something bad happens in your life you always want someone to blame it on (I do) and then sometimes if something terrible goes wrong like the last pair of jeans in the store have been sold you always hear someone snickering, that’s because a devil is watching you, now don’t go around screaming bloody murder Do it! Do it!) Because it’s not a real demon (Pie, Lie, Lie) it’s bad luck and a trick of the life. If you have real bad luck then I suggest you through salt over you left shoulder (or maybe it’s your right! Ha ha, don’t kill the angel now. Muwahhh!) That should do the trick. Now back to jumping out the window. I’m going to do I’m going to take a leap of faith and go splat. I swear to god if he doesn’t catch me I’m going to make sure he goes splat.