Chapter 72: A Crazy Ass Bitch.

Oh My, Cookie God is what you are thinking right now as you double check to make sure I uploaded, right? Guess what, I did! I’m so so so so so so sorry but going back to school has been so hectic and now I have started work as well, writing has become so difficult that it makes me want to cry! Please, be patient with me! The next chapter is the last, guys. Can you believe it?

Thank you to themachines for this awesome cover, I love it! Check it out! 

Okay, so I had to re-write this chapter a couple of times.

Chapter 71: A crazy ass bitch.

In my seventeen years of life, the thought of dying has always been in the back of my mind, I remember when I was a little girl and the thoughts of not waking up in the morning scared me to wits end. Death is a tragedy that lurks around every corner; it is that dark shadows in the middle of the night, it is that dark through In the back of your mind produced by loathing that one person or people, produced by hate, fear and sometimes love. It is that thought in the back of your mind as you stand at the top of the stairs wondering what it would feel like to fly for those couple of seconds before you tumble down, no? Just me then. It’s that daring moment when you see a lion and the alarm bells in your head are warning you if you touch that lion, you could die, no? Still just me? Who would not take that chance to touch a lion?!

I had never been so close to death as I had at this moment, I could feel it breathing down my neck, I could feel it stopping the organs that functioned my body, it was a darkness that chilled me to the bone (also I was lying on ice).

I also remember being told when I was a little girl that evil will also be canceled out by the good, where there is dark, there will be light (unless you’re in a dark room with no windows, matches anyone?) for instance, night it dark, cold but there will always be the light of the moon, lighting the way like a bright beacon of hope. Like heaven and hell, god and Satan, ying and yang and even a penguin!  

So, as I lay on the floor, my thought filled with the evil that seemed to suffocate the cave, my thoughts were also on the good that had just saved my life. Before the shot was fired someone had run forward tackling Harvey to the ground.

Ever since my head had touched the ice floor a loud ringing in my ears began as my eyes fluttered open as I tried to focus on the two people rolling around on the floor in front of me. No matter how hard I tried to snap myself out of it, it was as if someone had a remote control and had put everything in slow motion. The only sound I could hear was my heavy breathing as I pulled my hand forward, slowly pushing myself up.  

I felt like I was in a war zone and a bomb had exploded in my ear leaving me shell shocked, someone was calling my name but it sounded so far away as if they were shouting through a tunnel. I could feel the pain in my head and the hands of someone trying to help me up as my vision swam and my eyes landed on the gun that had fallen out of Harvey’s grip and slid to the side. Quickly glancing around, my breathing still loud and ragged as I recognized the boy who was on top of Harvey, it was out light, it was Leon whose hands were gripped around Harvey’s throat, a furious look in his eyes, I winched when Harvey delivered a punch to Leon’s face knocking his head to the side. Then it was as if someone clicked play and everything began to play at normal speed, my eyes snapped towards the gun at the same time Amy had recovered from being pushed to the side. I scrambled forward making a beeline for it, my hands grazed the cool metal before I was knocked backwards by a boot to my face, a loud crack admitting from my nose as I screamed, my hands automatically going to clutch my face. I pulled my hand away as a boot was pressed against my neck, my head against the ice as I tried to shove her boot off that was cutting my air supply off. I caught site of my hand that was covered in blood and could feel it running down my face, getting into the cracks of my lips and dripping onto the floor, the crimson color flush against the white.