Chapter 70: Bracelet's

Chapter 70: Bracelet’s

There was silence on the other end of the phone as my breathing became ragged and I began to pace the small space between the stalls and the sinks. My heart stopped as the passing of the phone and a rough voice questioned, “Gwen?”

I couldn’t speak; my voice had gone leaving me to blink wide-eyed at the wall as I thought about declining the call and acting like this never happened.

“Gwen, I know I'm most probably the least person you want to talk to you right now, but this is essential that you hear me out.” his voice was pleading and I forcefully rubbed at my forehead with my free hand.

Why now? Why now when everything has begun to settle down?

I let out a breath and nodded in encouragement at myself, when I spoke my voice sounded strained and I coughed to get rid of the lump that had formed in the back of my throat.

“You tried to kill me.” was the only words that were buzzing in my mind as I stated the fact.

Aaron sighed his breathing hitching slightly. “I know and I am really sorry, but you have to understand there is no way I could have avoided this. I offer you my sincere apologies and what I am going to tell you isn’t going to make up for much, but you need to trust me.”

I couldn’t help the nervous laugh that bubbled up from my chest, “Trust you? You tried to kill Jessica and I. Why should I even listen to any word that comes out of your mouth?” I hissed.

Aaron was silent for a moment before replying, “Gwen, I know you are angry but you need to listen, both yours and Kyle’s life depends on it.”

I slapped my hand down against the sink, “No, you can’t say that to me, Kyle has done nothing wrong, leave him out of this!” I shouted as I tried to hold in the ‘ow’ from hitting my hand.

Aaron let out a frustrated grunt. “Gwen, it’s not about you, it’s never been about you, it’s always been about Kyle. You were just another obstacle that needed to be removed. You moving here and falling for Kyle was unplanned.”

So all these things that have happened since I have moved to California were not because of me but because of Kyle? This doesn’t make any sense, what kind of sick person would plan and organize someone’s death? And what kind of a stupid person would go along with it?

What kind of sick bastard would do that to a human being?

I angrily swiped at the tear that rolled down my cheek and leaned back against the bathroom counter to stop my legs from shaking.

I pulled the phone away from my ear to give me time to recover, my hand shook and I gripped the phone more tightly as I placed the phone back to my ear. “Tell me Aaron, tell me who is doing this? I'm sick of this, Dale won’t give me the answers and I know you have some. So please help me.” I pleaded, my voice sounding desperate.

Aaron muttered something under his breath as if he was debating with himself.

“I can’t,” he said quietly, his voice barely above a whisper.

“To hell you can!” I shouted, beginning to lose my temper, this guy thinks he can try and kill me and not tell me who is trying to kill Kyle.

“I...I can’t, you don't understand I'm not doing this for me but for the sake of  my sister, the person has something over my sister, if anything was to happen to her or my secret was to get out, it will destroy her.” he told me out his tone sad and he cleared his throat.