Chapter 42: A day out with the guys.

“Are you angry? Hello, are you angry? Is he angry? He’s angry with me isn’t he. It wasn’t my fault you were knocked out. I'm hungry, so I'm going to get something to eat. Tell me when you not angry, and how many times am I going to say angry in a sentence? I'm defiantly going now.” I said as I spoke to Kyle and Taylor who were both playing PlayStation.

“It was all your fault,” Kyle spoke as I went to leave.

“Who pulled me?” I asked and he shrugged not looking at me.

“Well, if you want me to still play Romeo and drive you to school in the morning, you have to do one thing for me.”

“And what would that be?” I said scratching my head.

“I will tell you when the time is right.” He said and I frowned.

“You sound like Gandalf from the lord of the rings,” I said.

“I am secretly.” He said; I let out a long sigh.

“Can’t you just tell me?”

“No, now go away. Where trying to play.” Last time I checked this was my house.

“You’re rude.” I stormed out of the room and slipped my sneakers on. It was time for some fun time with my friends anyway. I hadn’t had a day out with them it what seemed like forever!

As soon as I stepped out the cold wind pulled at my cheeks. Wow, the first day that it had been cold. Here in California we barely have a winter. Take today, for instance; this is the coldest it has been since I have been here.

I pulled my sleeves down on my thin grey jacket and headed over to Amy’s. As soon as I got to her driveway I sopped. Coming down the road was a black pickup truck that was blasting out music. Really loud; when I say loud, I mean really loud. If you listen really carefully (doesn’t matter which state or country you are in) I guarantee you can hear it. My jaw dropped open when it screeched to a stop in front of me. I crossed my arms over my chest when the window was rolled down to reveal no other than Leon, Josh, Ryan and Danny.. The music was so loud I thought my wig was going to fly off. I'm joking, it wasn’t going to fly away. Just joking, I don’t wear a wig.

The music was turned down a notch and I raised an eyebrow when Leon let out a wolf whistle and Josh leaned over from the passenger seat.

“Hey guys I think we got a pick up,” Leon nodded his head at me his dark sunglasses covering half his face. Now, there is one thing wrong with this picture. He’s wearing sunglasses on a dull day.  There is not one speck of sun and he is wearing sunglasses, and, I think he just called me a hooker.

“Hey, their pretty lady, wanna ride?” Ryan spoke from the back seat, he lent forward his head poking out between the front seats, he winked at me making me shake my head.

“Is this what you guys do for fun?” I asked amazed at them. This was something I did not expect, scratch that, this is exactly what I expected from these guys.

“What, pick up pretty ladies? No, this would be a first.”

“Aw,” I placed a hand on my heart “I felt privileged,” I spoke in a touching tone.

“Wait, are you guys listening to My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion?” I choked out.

Leon and josh both glanced at each other and I burst out laughing.

“What? It’s a good remix by D.J Frank.” Leon mumbled and I held my side. It was beginning to hurt because of how much I was laughing.

“It doesn’t – what why- a love song, grown men-ha ha.” Was all I was able to make out of my own sentence.