Chapter 16: Let The Party Begin

Chapter 16: Let the Party Begin

After 3 rings Amy picked up the phone, her voice grubby and slightly distant as if she hadn’t bothered to check the caller id. “Hello?” she said making my free hand grip the counter edge as I slid forward.

“Did I wake you?” I asked as I glanced at the clock, it was only 9:15, not to early and not too late. Amy didn’t strike me as the person who would be in bed on a Saturday evening.

Amy laughed and there was the sound of covers being rustled, proving my thoughts correct, either that or she was chilling on the sofa. “No.” she lied as she dragged the word out making me snicker.

I decided to keep the conversations short and quick.  Last week I stayed around Amy’s and we had debate don’t he topic of going out on the town but neither of us got around to actually doing it, we were distracted by ice cream and late night episodes of family guy.

Quickly checking that the kitchen door was Kyle and June free, I whisper, “Do you fancy going out?” as I tap my fingers on the underside of the counter top.

Please say yes, I need this.

There was silence on the other side of the line before Amy made a sound between a groan and a sigh. “Gwen, I thought you would never ask, I’m literally bored as hell over here. I mean who goes to bed on a Saturday night at 9:15?” she questioned making me pinch my lips together in silent laughter.

I wanted to tell her, that I did spend my Saturday nights in bed and loved every second of it. Tonight however, was a different case and I needed to let of some steam.

“Great!” I jumped off the counter, checking for Kyle as I made my way upstairs, making sure I kept the conversation to a minimum so I didn’t get caught by Aunt June, if she caught wind of what I was up to, she would have my head.

Amy had rambled on while I stayed silent, only giving short answers until I entered the safety of my room. Amy had been suggesting the number of clubs scattered around the towns, for a quite girl she sure knew the ins and outs of the town nightlife.

“Claw won’t let us in their strict on the age limit, Panic it is then, I’m on good terms with the bouncer, he owes me a favour anyway.” She muttered. The sound of hangers sliding across the pole could be heard made me cringe away as I headed to my own wardrobe.

“You sure?” I questioned, my heart picking up speed and my iris becoming diluted with the idea of breaking some rules.

“Yeah, I’ll pick you up in 30.” The line went dead and I tossed my phone onto the bed as I skipped into my wardrobe and analysed the number of clothes messily sprawled on the floor and shoved under racks.

Finally, something fun to do in this place! I laughed in excitement when my eyes fell on a short, sparkly black dress I had brought from home.

-XO-

I tiptoed my way down the stairs and held my heels and purse in my hand as I pulled open the back door. Cringing at the squeak, I glanced over my shoulder making sure no one had heard. When I received nothing but silence, I pulled it open, the wind blowing my light curls back. I slipped out into the dark and kept to the shadows of the wall as I pulled the gate open. I could see Amy’s car parked across the road, the headlights illuminating the street. I could make out Amy leaning forward to look into the mirror, applying lip gloss to her lips.

Closing the gate, I made a dash across the street and around the car to the passenger seat. I slipped in and pulled the black dress down. It was a little short, the dress fell mid-thigh and was long enough to keep everything hidden but enough to leave little imagination. My hair fell into loose curls around my face thanks the bun I had decided to keep it in all day.