Chapter 45: Playing Dress Up

“Freeze!”  I watched as the police piled out of the house, guns in their hands.

What are we murderers? Maybe, we were wanted for something we hadn’t even done? Maybe, Kyle had done something awful like sitting on a little doggy or steeling an ice cream form a small child.

Me and Kyle looked at each other; we both pointed at the same time.

“He did it!”

“She did it!” we both shouted at the same time.

How dare he blame it on me, whatever he has done!

“Me, I haven’t done anything!” I shouted looking at him.

“Well, never have I!” he shouted back and I let out a long sigh.

“Then why did you point at me?” I asked annoyed.

This guy better have a good explanation or I am going to make him eat his costume. Yeah, Kyle how do you feel about that, suck it small man!

“What! I only pointed at you because I knew you were going to point at me.” He said and I frowned.

“Put your hands behind your head.” Someone shouted and we both turned to glare at the police around us.

“Uh, can’t you see this is a private conversation?” I asked annoyed. “So rude.” I turned to Kyle ready to finish the argument.

“If you don’t surrender I will be forced to shoot you.” He threatened and Kyle and I turned to look at him.

“Who’s this clown?” I asked Kyle.

“We got a circus clown right here.” Kyle finished for me, looking the man up and down.

“I'm not a clown; I'm an officer of the law.” He announced and the other officers around him glanced at one another.

 “Well, Mr. Officer of the law, what are you doing here?” I asked and Kyle and I nodded as if we had won a prize.

He swallowed and raised his gun up to my head “I am here to arrest you for trespassing.” He said and was cut off when Taylor walked out of the door in his glory. He glanced at us and looked away. He looked back at us and his eyes went from Kyle to me. He did this for at least six times, his mouth open like a fish as he pointed at us.

“Phaaaaaa!” he slapped his thigh and took deep breaths to control his laughter.

When he stopped laughing, he looked at us his face serious. I folded my hands across my chest waiting for him to start shouting. “What the hell are you two doing?” he asked.

“Bipolar or what?” Kyle whispered in my ear.

“You can talk.” I muttered back, he pouted looking away.

“Coming from a mad woman.” He said and I looked at Taylor.

“It’s not assault if I slap him right?” what? I didn’t want to get arrested for two assaults. Wow hold up! I'm being arrested. No, I'm not getting arrested.

Maybe, I should play dead. Yeah, that would work.

“Now, will one of you please explain why you are trespassing in someone’s  garden,” he paused looking us up and down a slight smile on his face “dressed like that.” He finished holding his hand over his mouth to hide the smile.

The police around us had lowered their guns, their eyes watching us like hawks.

“Oh my god! It is the longest story ever, are you ready for this, here it comes; we were being chased.” I said shrugging.