Hinata Shoyo x Reader <Just Like the Sun>

DISCLAIMER: I do not own anything in here except for the story plot. Enjoy!
.........
Your P.O.V
I waited for Shoyo to finish his volleyball practice outisde the gymnasium. Our parents are really close friends so it's only natural that we are close too. My parents are out of the country for a business trip so they entrusted me with the Hinata family. I will be staying with them for this entire month, today being the second day. Bored, I took out my phone and started texting my bestfriend. We talked about some random stuff and she soon had to go to bed so I was once again, bored.

Today had been a really bad day. Just like every other day, I got bullied again. The bully was some 2nd year guy. He liked to pull my ponytail back when I still had long hair. But because of that, I decided to cut my hair short. Not being able to pull my hair like the past, he now embarrasses me by tripping me, drenching me in water, teasing me about having a relationship with Shoyo... I really don't get that guy. What have I ever done to him to make him do such horrible things to me? I never did anything to stop him though, I just let him bully me. Why? I have no idea. I guess I'm just not that bothered by him. Although I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate everything. I hate my life. I just wanna die. What did I do to deserve this? I hate it. I hate it. I hate it! Recently, I've been getting depression shots here and there so I'll suddenly feel depressed and think about dying. No, nothing good will come from dying. I shook my head from side to side, trying to clear that thought from my mind. But I couldn't.

I just kept quivering in fear, thinking, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die, die. I grabbed a handful of my hair and tucked my body into a compressed ball. Calm down, calm down, calm down... I kept muttering. I screamed, trying to get rid of the bad thoughts. I started hyperventilating, my breathing rate becoming faster after every breath. Beads of persperation were dripping down my face. Help me, help me, help me. Someone, please help me!

I was jerked out of my thoughts when I heard the gymnasium door open. The volleyball members were walking out one by one. Shoyo finally walked out. I tried wiping the water droplets off my face, not wanting to let Shoyo see them. I always wanted to be brave in front of Shoyo. I looked up to him. He was always so confident, so bright, just like the sun. Unfortunately, my attempts of doing so did not go unoticed by the ginger.

"___? What's wrong? Are you having those thoughts again?" Shoyo asked, worried. I shook my head, attempting to hide my sadness so he wouldn't worry. "Don't lie," Shoyo hugged me and I hugged him back, tears streaming down my cheeks, wetting his jacket. I hated it, showing Shoyo my weak side. I felt helpless and useless. After my tears dried up, Shoyo loosened his grip and backed away slightly, gazing at my face. I stared at him back. Shoyo cupped my cheeks with with small yet soft hands and caressed them with his thumb. I enjoyed his touch, it was always so warm, so comfortable, so safe, so gentle...

"Don't cry, you don't have to be afraid, because I'm always here for you. You can always confide in me when you are in trouble. So show me that beautiful smile that you have, and be happy. Okay?" Shoyo smiled and took my hand. I nodded happily and smiled. "That's it, smile!" Shoyo praised me. Shoyo praised me, I'm glad. We both walked outside together, hand in hand.

Tonight, I learnt that Shoyo's shoulder is always free for me to lean on. I'm grateful to him. I always have. He was always by my side, comforting me, guiding me, helping me. I looked at him once again. Yup, he was definitely like the sun, shining rays of light onto the earth, erasing the darkness. He came into my life, shining light into my empty life. I'm truly grateful to you, Shoyo.
.......
Done:) This is based on how I've been feeling previously. I kept getting these depression shots so I'll curl into a ball and just scream at the corner of my room. I have also taken quite a liking to Hinata and i figured that he would be the perfect person for this x reader. Although there wasn't his normal enthusiam, i think this is how he'll normal be right? Anyways, hope you enjoyed the story. Pls comment on how i can improve my writing. Thanks!

-Kunaiwa