•TWO•

I woke up at 11am next to Hayes, still laying on the couch in the same spot as we were last night.

"Ugh, I slept in jeans." I groaned under my breath.

I lazily got up from the couch, making sure not to disturb Hayes and walked to my room.

I gave it some thought and decided to go to the mall, so I changed into a pair of black Adidas sweat pants, a white T-Shirt, and white forces because I wasn't really feeling it today.

I walked back into my living room to find Hayes scrolling through his phone.

"Ok, I'm heading out but will be back soon." I grabbed my car keys off of the table and started walking to the door until I was stopped by him.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"To the mall." I put my hand on the doorknob, still trying to leave before he processed what I said.

"Oh, I'll come with you." He said while getting up.

I sighed and opened the door, but he didn't seem to notice my sudden change in mood.

I swear, I can't go anywhere without him knowing exactly where I am, what I'm doing, or him coming with me. It's cute that he wants to "protect me" but it gets really annoying after a while.

"We can take my car." He said while grabbing his keys off of the coffee table.

I sighed and walked back to the kitchen to put my car keys away.

"Are you sure you want to come? I won't be out long." I tried to talk him out of going.

"Yeah. I need to head home afterwards anyways." He said while opening the door more.

"I think I'm kind of want to go alone." You could hear the hesitation in my voice as I said it.

"What? You're tired of me already?" He chuckled as he leaned on the door frame.

"No, I just kind of wanted to walk around the mall."

"Then I'll give you some company," he got off of the wall and kissed my forehead "plus, who's gonna fight off all of the pervs that try to approach you at the mall?" He chuckled.

"I can stand up for myself, Hayes." I rolled my eyes.

"Mm, I guess," he shrugged "you're just too friendly to the guys that approach you. I think I help get the message across." He wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed my lips.

I pulled away before shaking my head out of pure annoyance and walking out of the door.

-

I was sitting at a table in the food court, waiting for Hayes to get back from Chipotle to get us napkins, when a guy about our age walked up to me.

"Excuse me?" He said.

"Yes?" I looked up at him.

"Do you know where the restrooms are?" He asked "I can't find any signs that point me there."

"Yeah," I said while standing up "You walk down past Cinnabon and--"

"Who's this, babe?" I heard Hayes' voice behind me and felt a pair of hands wrap around my waist.

"I was just telling this guy where the bathrooms are—"

"You just go down that way." He cut me off while pointing left.

"Is it on the right or—"

"You'll see it." Hayes cut him off.

The guy walked off to the restrooms, clearly confused and I turned back, so I was facing Hayes.

I looked up at him with my arms crossed over my chest.

"What?" He asked.

"What do you mean what? He didn't even do anything, and you just got all.. Over protective."

"Baby, I saw the way he looked at you. Practically undressing you with his eyes." He sat down at the table

I rolled my eyes and sat down on the other side of the table, more annoyed than ever because no matter how much I tell him not to do that, he always seems to.

I mean, we're both twenty-one years old. I can handle myself, and I don't need him controlling me.

I love him. I really do, and if I didn't, I honestly would have broken up with him a long time ago.

He's so incredibly over protective and insecure for whatever reason, but I don't see it getting better.

I'm also too scared to. He would get so upset, and nothing good ever happens when he's upset. I know he would do something crazy or stupid, and that's not good either.

-

AN:
I feel like this might be a good Time to state the fact that during the process of writing this book, I had no intention of romanticizing or promoting toxic relationships. If you stick around and read a little bit, I feel like my message will definitely come across.