•FIFTY-THREE•

The phone rang twice before Hayes picked up

"Hey baby," His upbeat voice rang through the phone "Whats up?"

"Hi Hayes." I slightly rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest "Can we talk?.. Like... In person?" I was hesitant to ask.

"Of course. Do you want me to come over there or–"

"No, I want to meet you in public." I was quick to cut him off.

"Anything for you." He chuckled.

"Alright, how about the cafe? I asked.

"Yeah, that's fine. When?"

"How's in 30 minutes."

"Can't wait to see me, huh?" He joked.

"Goodbye, Hayes." I rolled my eyes while hanging up.

-

I arrived at the cafe and Hayes was sitting down at a table for two by a window, looking down at his phone.

I took a deep breath and thought about how I was going do this. He looked up and gave me a smile then sat up all the way in his chair.

I walked over and sat across from him.

"Hey beautiful." He smiled.

"Hayes, please leave me alone." I said bluntly.

"You're the one who told me to meet you here." He had a smile on his face as if this were all a joke.

"I mean leave me alone in general. The stalking shit, still calling me pet names, still calling me at all. I don't want to be with you. I'm not 'babe', I'm not your baby or your baby girl, so give it a rest." The smile left from his face as he sat back in his chair.

"I'm sorry, Gabby. I just love you so much." He said then licked his lips.

"Well, that's too bad. You shouldn't have fucked up so bad."

"You shouldn't have led me on then."

"I was drunk, are you serious?"

"Just about as serious as those hickeys on your neck. What? Did Jack finally have the balls to fuck you?" He chuckled.

"You know exactly what you fucking did."

"Oh God, what did I do according to you now?"

"This!" I pointed to the hickeys.

"Yeah, I would have left a lot more in way more places than that." He said and I rolled my eyes

"I know you did it."

"Blaming every single thing that goes wrong, on me does you no good."

"I know you did this shit, and I also know that you killed my best friend and yours–"

"Killed? I didn't kill anyone!" He slightly raised his voice

"Oh my fucking God, Hayes, give it a rest! I know you did!" I was starting to get loud too and he let out a sigh.

"How about we start over?" He suggested.

"No, I just want you to leave me alone."

"Gabrielle, we both know that that's not going to happens."

"Why?"

"I still fucking love you." He was getting more and more annoyed

"Well, I don't love you anymore."

"Why? I know I fucked up a few times and I'm so fucking sorry for that. I've said it so many times. Please just forgive me." He begged

"No." I stated bluntly

"Will you please give me a legitimate reason?"

"You've caused so much pain and anxiety for me for the past couple of months and I'm done. I came here to stop what's happening because this is way too much for me."

"I'm just asking to start over... Whether it's as friends or more than that..." He trailed off

"I don't want to be your friend, in fact, I don't even want to be associated with you." I rolled my eyes.

"Fine," He said sternly "But just know that I still love you to death." Just that sentence made my skin crawl.

I gave him one last look then got up and started to leave. He grabbed my hand, making sure it wasn't noticeable to the people in the other tables surrounding us.

"Baby, I promise you you're going to regret this." He shook his head at me.

"I told you I don't have any feelings for you anymore. I want you out of my life."

"That's not why." He responded. I pulled my hand away before I continued out of the door.