EIGHTY-SIX

Woke up to Hayes getting out of bed beside me  and opened my eyes to see him in only his briefs.

"What happened last night?" He was holding his head in his hands.

Oh how the tables have turned.

"We had sex." I said bluntly, trying to leave out details.

"Why is my fucking head pounding then?"

"Hayes, I don't know. Do you want me to get you some Advil or something?" I asked.

He shook his head and went to the bathroom.

I soon enough heard the shower water running and I let out a sigh.

I'm happy I got to see Jack but I have no idea what I'm gonna do to get him out.

Hayes eventually came out of the bathroom with his towel wrapped around his body and walked over to his drawers with his phone in-hand.

"I really don't feel like going to work." He said then turned to me. "Why not?" I asked "I just... don't feel good. Like at all." He looked back at me.

"You have to go though." "Well, why do I have to go?" He crossed his arms.

I let out a sigh and looked down "I was planning a surprise for you when you got home. There's really big news." I smiled.

"Just tell me now." A smile grew on his face and he came towards me.

"I don't have shit else to do in this house all day so I want to still surprise you with the news." He came and stood in between my legs.

He let out a sigh in exasperation and looked down at me "you're so lucky I love you." He smiled then leaned down to my lips and left a gentle kiss.

He looked back at the alarm clock on his nightstand and saw the time then let out a sigh.

"Ugh, I'm not making it on time." He shuffled back to his dresser and got changed into his suit and tie.

He still hasn't told me what it is he does but I guess it's important and none of my business to him.

As soon as Hayes left, I waited five minutes to see if he'd come back then went downstairs to where Jack was with the key still in-hand.

I unlocked the door and he sat in the same position as he was in when I last entered the small room.

His eyes opened and once he saw me, he smiled.

"Hey, Babe." He said in a raspy voice.

"Hi, Jack." I smiled back then sat on his lap so I was straddling his legs.

"I assume you're pretty hungry?" I asked.

"If it weren't for you, I would never get fed. I would have most likely died from starvation and not from whatever he plans on doing with me."

"Well, what do you want for breakfast? I can make you something." I said.

"Whatever you make for yourself, I'll have some too." He seemed so weak and just fatigued.

"You doing ok?" I asked "-As good as one can do, locked up in a psychopath's basement."

I held his face in my hands and he gave me a weak smile.

"How are you doing?" He asked "I'm ok. I'm ready to get out of here, so let's get this chain off of your foot." I sighed while getting up.

I walked back upstairs to find something that can cut them. The chain wasn't too thick but it obviously wasn't something that would be too easy to cut.