•THIRTY-THREE•

I woke up with my head on my pillow, facing Jack's chest. His head was resting above mine, and his arm was wrapped around my body. We were both laying in my bed, still in our clothes from yesterday. I was curled up in a ball and my face felt a little tight from all of my salty tears.

I looked up at him and he was peacefully sleeping.

I looked straight again so I was eye-level with his chest and let out a sigh.

I laid there thinking about last night, still shook of course. It still just felt so surreal.

My best friend just "committed suicide," and all anyone had to say was "sorry"

I don't want fucking sympathy, I want justice because I know she didn't do it.

I felt a tear slip down my cheek, so I wiped it away on the pillow.

I felt Jack start to move around, so I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep. He dragged me into his chest and leaned half of his body weight on top of me.

"Jack," I groaned while trying to wake him up "G!" I said a little louder. He slightly moved off of me and fell back asleep after even though he was literally crushing me with 1/3 of his body weight now.

I laid there, waiting for him to move, feeling half of my body already start to fall asleep. I could really do nothing since he's like three times bigger than me, he's a fucking body builder next to me, is a heavy sleeper, and his arm is locked around me and it's not moving. 

-

I woke up, feeling fully awake since I got more sleep than I had planned.

I got up and readjusted my black dress then headed downstairs.

Jack was sitting at the kitchen table, eating a bowl of cereal, and he was still in his clothes from yesterday, too.

He looked up at me and smiled "Hey, Sleeping Beauty."

"Hahaha, very funny." I smiled back

"I mean, you're still wearing your clothes from yesterday." He chuckled

"So are you." I laughed while sitting down across from him

"Oh yeah," He looked down at himself "You slept for a really long time." He chuckled

"Yeah, cause you were on top of me when I woke up."

"Really? Sorry about that"

"No, it's fine." I said

"You fell asleep in my arms, so I didn't want to disturb you." He said

"Aw, thanks." I could feel myself blushing

"Don't mention it," I could see his cheeks begin to turn red.

"What about this road trip? You still up for it?" He asked.

"Yeah. Chicago should be fun."

"It will, I promise. I have the perfect places to go, and a really nice hotel."

"I can't wait." I admitted

"Me neither."

"I just have to stop by my house and pick up some things. Can you come with me though?" I asked as I looked down, a little embarrassed

"Sure. Why?" He chuckled

"I don't know. I guess I'm still a little paranoid."

"Yeah, we can go whenever you're ready." He said then took another bite of cereal.

-

We were inside of my apartment and I was getting clothes while Jack was looking at pictures on the wall.

"Hey, Gabby, is this you when you were really little?" He asked while holding up the picture of my brother and I with a big smile

"Yeah. That was like... First grade I think."

"You were so cute," he gushed "I'm gonna take a picture." He said while pulling out his phone from his pocket.

I silently laughed to myself and zipped up my backpack.

I went into the kitchen and searched through the key drawer for my house key since I lost my other one.

I searched for it and noticed that the one for Hayes' house was missing. Not that I need to use it, but it's strange cause I haven't touched it in a while. I searched the counter and other drawers

"Hey Jack?" I called from the kitchen

"Yeah?" He yelled back from the living room "Do you see a small, silver key with red hearts drawn on it in Sharpie?"

"Um.... No. I don't see one," He said hesitantly "Why?" He asked

"It's just missing."

"Oh, do you need it?" He asked while walking in the doorway with a picture of Jack Johnson, me, and him when we were younger in his hand

"No, I was just wondering." I shrugged while closing the drawer.

"Ready to go?" He asked

"Yeah." I walked past him.

"And you wanna know the weird part?" I asked

"Weird part about what?"

"The key missing."

"Oh.. What?"

"There are only two people who have access to my apartment. Mackenzie and Hayes, and Mackenzie isn't with us anymore..."

"Come on with your strange conspiracies." He said with a smile and put his arm around my shoulder and walked me to the door.

"You're truly crazy." He joked.

I must be for what I'm about to do next.

~

Idk why it took me so long to write the first part wtf