•EIGHT•

A week later

I was at the grocery store, buying more eggs, milk, cereal, etc. when I walked past the next aisle and spotted Hayes so I rolled my eyes and walked faster.

This has been happening a lot in the past week. I'll "coincidently" bump into Hayes while downtown or at the movies or restaurants.

I decided it was time for this bullshit to stop so I stopped in my tracks and turned around.

I left my cart around the corner and grabbed my purse. I walked into the aisle that he was in and walked up to him.

As I approached him, he looked up at me "Hello, Gabrielle." He said with a sly grin.

"Oh, cut the shit, I know you're following me." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Following you? No, I came here to the grocery store to get bread." He shrugged

"Give it up. I know exactly what you're doing. I've seen you eight times in public within the last week. You're following me everywhere."

"It's a small town. You see a lot of the same people here." He seemed so nonchalant as he tried to deny the fact that he's been following me.

"You're always in the exact place as me." "Well, we do like a lot of the same things. I guess you didn't pick that up after all the time we had dated." He said while grabbing a bag of white bread

-

"Yes, I am seriously thinking of moving into a new house." I said into the phone while scrolling through Zillow on my Mac Book.

"But you love your apartment." Mackenzie whined.

"Yeah, but he knows where I live and he came into my apartment the other day. He has a key."

"Then get the locks changed," She said and I let out a sigh "You can't let this one person get to you like this."

"Ok, what do you want me to do? Tell him to stop? Cause I already did that."

"I don't know, get a restraining order."

"No, I don't think I want to do that."

"Why? He'll stop."

"It seems a little harsh. I'll just tell him to stop and that if he doesn't, I'll call the police and get a restraining order."

"So you're giving him a warning after the first eight times you've caught him stalking you?"

"I guess." I sighed.

"You said you've seen him a lot though, right?" She asked.

"Yeah."

"Ok, well just call or text him and tell him about the restraining order then see what happens."

"Ok, thank you. I'll talk to you later."

"Alright, just let me know what he says and stay safe. Bye."

As soon as I hung up the phone, I decided to call Hayes because I really shouldn't sit here and worry about him or move out of my comfortable apartment because of him.

I walked out onto my small balcony and called him.

He picked up the phone on the first ring "Hello?" I said in a quiet tone.

"Hey, Gabby," he sounded kind of relieved "What did you want to talk about?" He asked.

"I just wanted to tell you that if I find you stalking me anymore, I'm getting a restraining order."

He let out a small chuckle "Gabby, I told you I wasn't stalking you."

"I've seen you 8 times this week. It's not a coincidence, you're following me."

"I went to the local grocery store and you were there." He stated.

"It's not just that."

"Then what was it?" He asked, clearly getting annoyed.

"You were there at Jamba Juice while I was there and you never go there, I saw you yesterday at the mall, and you were jogging through my neighborhood."

"What? Is it illegal for me to enjoy my own company in public places now?" He asked.

"I'm serious, Hayes. Stay away from me." I said then hung up.