•EIGHTY-THREE•

I woke up alone in Hayes and I's bed.

I inhaled deeply before sitting up and getting out of the bed.

I walked to the bathroom and did my business, then washed my hands and walked back into the bedroom.

I stripped down naked and tossed my clothes in the hamper then walked back into the bathroom.

I turned the shower water on, waiting for it to get warm and stood in the mirror, intently looking at myself.

There were hickeys all over my skin and I still had a small bruise from where he got me with the needle.

I thought about home and freedom.

I thought about Jack. How he's doing. If he ever made the trip back from New York.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sight of steam coming out of the shower.

I let out a sigh in exasperation.

"Soon, Gabby.. Soon."

-

I stepped out of the shower with my towel still wrapped around my body and finished drying myself off. I put lotion all over my body and washed my face and everything.

Since physical self-care through skin care routines is one of the only things I'm allowed to do, I don't see why I wouldn't try to take up as much time as possible doing these things.

Hayes says it's a waste of money, but he buys it for me anyways.

I walked out of the bathroom and over to my dresser. I pulled out a pair of panties and pulled Jack's shirt out from under it. Since Hayes doesn't like me wearing it, I just wear it when he's not here.

I sat down on the side of the bed, thinking of things I could do to pass the time

My eyes landed on Hayes and I's overflowing laundry basket. It wouldn't hurt to take it down and just wash and dry clothes.

I picked up Hayes and I's laundry basket and brought it from our room, down the kitchen.

As I walked through the house, I checked every possible exit to see if anything wasn't sturdy or if he forgot to put the alarm on.

He had metal bars on the windows and screen doors, an alarm system for windows and doors, so many locks, voice and fingerprinted keys, a code for the phone that I need a password for to call anyone else but Hayes. It was fucking insane, but depressing to think about because I'll never get out of here.

I sighed to myself, looking around one last time and opened the basement door then headed down to start the laundry.

I flipped on the basement light switch and opened up the washer.

I didn't bother separating clothes because I don't give a shit about his stuff and the floor is cold and so are my feet.

As I was putting in the last of the clothes, I heard moaning from the room I used to be held in.

I froze as I tried my best to just listen.

I heard it again, an indistinct moaning and groaning. Obviously, someone was talking but it sounded incoherent through the door.

I slowly walked to the door with so much adrenaline running through me.

I put my ear up to the door and just listened.

It sounded like someone was sobbing.

"Someone... please. Help me."

My stomach dropped as I recognized the hoarse voice

It was Jack.