•TWELVE•

Cameron's POV

"She was with some guy at a party." I said into the phone

"Who was he? What did he look like?" Hayes asked eagerly

It was 1:30 in the morning and I was on the phone with Hayes. I was sitting in my car, stopped at a red light because he asked me to watch Gabby again.

"I don't know. He had brown hair, thick eyebrows, a sharp jawline, was tall... Maybe like 6'4. I think he went to the same high school as us. He looked familiar."

"Jack Gilinsky. It had to be. I fucking hated that guy," He said "I always knew he wanted to fuck her. Pretentious piece of shit." I heard the coldness in his voice.

"Yeah, that was his name," I said as it clicked "He played lacrosse. I heard he was really good. Did he end up playing in college? He was like.. Your class President or something too, right?

"He was an overhyped fuckboy. He always liked Gabby. It's typical of him to prey on her as soon as she's fresh out of a relationship."

"I mean, it seemed like they were just laughing together. Nothing too serious. It didn't look like she felt bugged or harassed anyways." I shrugged.

"He's arrogant, she was probably just trying to be nice. She's too fucking nice."

"Ok, well it's getting kind of late so I'll talk to you later.

"K. I'll talk to you later." He said then hung up.

I sighed and sat back in my seat.

It's impossible with this kid.

Hayes' POV

It's impossible with this guy. He can't do anything right. It it that much to ask? No.

I felt myself getting more and more upset as I paced around my room. I turned around and punched the wall, and my hand went straight through it.

It's not the first time.

I pulled my hand out of the drywall and my knuckles were all bloody. I looked from my hand to the wall and there was a gaping hole in it.

"Fuck." I mumbled under my breath.

This wouldn't have happened if I had her back.

If she wasn't so damn stubborn.

If she'd just shut up and listen.

I'm not letting anyone get in the way of us. Not Jack, Cameron, or Mackenzie. And if they do, they'll just have to suffer the consequences.