•FOURTEEN•

"Hayes?" I sat up on the couch with my phone pressed up against my ear.

"G-Gabby?" He slurred

"Hayes? Are you ok?"

"I-I need you to pick me up from the bar. I'm too drunk to drive." He stuttered.

I sighed and glanced over at the clock and it read 1:30 in the morning

"Hayes, are you fucking serious?" I sighed.

"Please," He begged "I just.. all I need is a ride." He slightly slurred his words.

I thought to myself for a second then sighed before answering "Fine. I'll be there in a few minutes."

I grabbed my jacket, phone, keys and Jack's house keys so I could get back in, and slipped on my shoes then walked out to my car.

I sat in my car for a second, contemplating whether I should pick him up or call him a cab to pick him up.

But he never really drinks to the point where he can't drive unless somethings on his mind.

Maybe I should go just to check up on him. It's been a while, but I think I'll be ok. Plus, I have my pepper spray and he can and will catch these hands if he gets testy.

I drove to his favorite bar, Angie's, and found him sitting at the bench outside of the restaurant with a clueless look on his face.

I pulled up next to him and got out of the car, then walked up to him, who still looked like he had no clue about what was going on.

"Come on. Get in." I said kind of annoyed, but relieved that he was ok.

He stood up and pulled me into a hug, but mainly held onto me for balance.

I helped him to the car and he got into the passengers seat.

I walked around the front of the car and got into the drivers seat, and when I looked over he had his head rested against the window and his face in the palm of his hand.

"Seatbelt, Hayes." I muttered as I put mine on, and he let out a groan and buckled himself in.

I started driving and a few minutes later decided it would be a good time to ask him what was wrong because he obviously needed to talk about this.

"Hayes?" I asked.

"Hm?" he groaned in response.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm drunk." He answered as he massaged his right temple with the same hand his head was rested on.

"Yeah, no shit Sherlock. I mean what happened? You only get this drunk when you're upset or stressed."

He shrugged "You."

"What do you mean?" I rolled my eyes.

"Gabby, I still love you so fucking much. You have no idea,"

It was silent for a few seconds until he spoke again.

"And yes, I know, I did fuck up. Bad. And I'm so sorry for everything that I've done wrong. I really am. I just can't go a day without thinking about you, and it's been.. What? A month since we've broken up." He went on.

"Could you look in the glove box for me and take out the Advil?" I asked, trying to disregard everything he just said.

I heard him sniffle then search through the glove box until his fingers found a small container that rattled at the slightest touch.

"Now could you take out two?" I asked.

I heard him struggle with the bottle, causing a small smile to creep across my lips.

"I can't." He said.

"Seriously?" I asked.

"I can barley feel my fingers."

I put my hand out and he handed me the small bottle of pills.

I opened it with one hand while the other was on the steering wheel, grabbed a half full bottle of water from the cup holder and handed them both to him.

"What's this for?" He asked

"Future purposes." 

He took the pills and bottle out of my hand and took the medicine, then downed the whole bottle of water.

"Thanks." He said with a weak smile

"Don't mention it."

We pulled up to his house after a few minutes and he started to get out of the car.

He held onto the car door to prevent him from losing his balance, so I decided to help him. He seemed so weak and vulnerable... I kinda felt bad.

I helped him to his front door and waited as he tried to find his keys.

He gave himself a pat-down before looking over at me "Left pocket." I said, having a strong feeling it was there because they always are.

He dug down into his left pocket and to his surprise, they were there.

He brought his keys up to the keyhole, but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't get it in.

Watching him fail frustrated me, so I took the keys from his hands and unlocked his front door.

He walked inside and turned back around to face me

"Thanks again." He said while leaning on the door frame.

"No problem, are you sure you don't need anymore help?" I asked

"No, I think I'll manage, but thanks."

"K. Call me if you need anything." I was surprised at my own words.

I walked down his lawn to my car and heard him call out the words I've been dreading

"I love you."

I looked back at him and waved.

I don't even know my emotions for him now.

I still have love for him after all of these years. I think I always will have love for him, but I just don't know if getting together would be the best option for me.
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

IM READY FOR THIS BOOK