•SIXTY-FIVE•

It's 5 AM and I've been up all night, just staring at the wall across from me. The rain stopped and I can see the sky starting to get lighter from the light on the floor from the window.

I got up from the bed, not caring if I wake him up or not. When I turned around to face him, he was still fast asleep.

I left the room, going to find a bathroom.

I went down the stairs and found one, but another door caught my eye. The front door.

I looked up the stairs and stood still for a moment to see if I could hear or see Hayes but he wasn't anywhere in sight.

I walked towards the door and there was an alarm system right by it.

There was a glowing bright red light on it and by it, it said "armed"

I let out a sigh and walked to the bathroom. My hopes went up and lowered back down because of that stupid alarm.

I went to the bathroom and came back out at least feeling a little better but physically instead of mentally or emotionally.

I slowly dragged myself back up the stairs and stood at the door, looking at Hayes' sleeping body. I should really get him at this moment of vulnerability. It would be so easy, and I could go back home to Jack.

I was kicked out of my thoughts by small raindrops suddenly tapping on the window.

I walked back in the room and just.. Walked around. I observed the picture of both us at a high school party in our Sophomore year of high school.

I noticed the overflowing laundry basket in the corner of his room.

I walked over and pulled a navy blue t-shirt from the pile. It was Jack's. The one I wore when I first got kidnapped.

Hayes didn't like me wearing it because it was Jack's and "If I should be wearing anyone's t-shirt, it should be mine" quoted from Hayes himself.

I held it up to my face and sniffed it, still smelling Jack's Polo cologne. I rubbed it on my face like I was a five-year-old child obsessing over my favorite blanket.

No matter how cliche or childish it sounds, this old, oversized t-shirt is my safe heaven. When I close my eyes and smell the cologne on this shirt I feel at home.

Then I wake up and see myself back in my current situation.

I've never felt so alone in my life.