•SEVEN•

One week later

I let out a groan in annoyance as I searched around my room, looking for my MacBook so I could get some work done.

"It was right here." I mumbled to myself as I tossed a few pillows onto the other side of my bed.

"Looking for this?" I jumped, realizing it was Hayes' voice then turned around to see him holding my Mac Book in his hand.

"Hayes, what the fuck! Why the hell are you even here? How did you even get in here?"

He set my computer down at the foot of the bed and started to walk towards to me.

"Doesn't matter." He responded

I took a few steps backwards, not wanting to be near him, until my back hit the wall.

He continued to come closer, eliminating the space between us, so his body was about a foot from mine. I was petrified as he towered over me and I could see the amusement on his face.

"Hello, Gabrielle. Long time, no see." He said with a small grin

"Hayes, it's been a week." I tried to stand a little taller.

"We've been together for so long. I've never really spent a week without you, and I don't want to do it again," His tone was stern yet soft "I have to be honest, I'm a little saddened by the fact that you seem to be doing so well." I could tell this was a sad attempt to make me pity him.

"Why are you here?" I rolled my eyes at him, ignoring his previous statement.

"Just wanted to see my girlfriend." He shrugged

"I'm not your girlfriend, and I don't want to see you." I said while crossing my arms over my chest.

His eyebrows furrowed and his head slightly tilted at what said about not being his girlfriend anymore.

"I don't remember officially breaking up." He placed his hands on my hips, causing me to lose my height again.

I shrugged before answering "I don't care. I think I made myself pretty clear in the car. We're not together anymore, and if I wanted to see you I would have." I said while looking down at his chest, avoiding eye contact.

He gently lifted my chin up with his index finger, making it so I was looking up at him again, and he looked down at me intently.

"I know it's only been a week but I missed you, Gabby. No phone calls, no texts, no contact at all has been driving me insane. You know that." He said before he started to lean in.

I slipped out from In between him and the wall, and he let out a groan in annoyance.

"Baby, can't we just go back to the way things were a week ago?" He turned around and faced me.

"What? No. Just because you show up at my house at," I checked my watch "9:47 at night doesn't mean I want to get back together."

"It was one mistake." He scoffed

"One mistake? You undoubtedly drugged me to have sex with me, even though I told you I wasn't ready—"

"Woah, woah woah. You can't just accuse someone of doing things like that to you with no evidence." He cut me off

"I have never blacked out like that off of two drinks, max. And that's not even half of the reason why I broke up with you."

"Then what was it? Let's work it out." He took a few steps closer to me again, attempting to hold my hands.

"I've addressed every problem I've had with our relationship multiple times and you still haven't changed a damn thing," I snatched my hands away "You're too fucking possessive. You're overprotective, overbearing, you never listen to me."

"So I dont even have the right to protect you?"

"From what?" I raised my voice at him "Someone from high school texted me and you almost lost your shit!"

"You know what, that's my bad. Maybe I was trippin that night," He grabbed my hips and pulled my body back against him so there was no space left between us again "But is it that bad that I just want you all to myself? Think about it, you're a beautiful, smart girl in such a big city. Of course I dont want anyone else to have your attention. I dont care about you having friends, but I can tell when another guy just undresses you with his eyes, Gabby."

"I dont need you to protect me from shit, Hayes." I said as I turned around, but before I could take more than one step away from him, he pulled me back into him so my backside was against him now.

He leaned down closer to me so his mouth was by my ear and he rested his hands right below my belly button.

"I dont care if you need me to protect you or not, it's my job." His words sent chills down my spine "And I know you missed me Gabby. You can try to stand your ground and protect your pride all you want. I know you too well." He said before leaving a kiss on my shoulder.

"And I know you missed my touch," He said as he ran his hands up and down my thighs before one slipped into the waistband of my leggings "Youre the most sex-driven virgin I know. Who else knows your body like me?"

I scoffed at his words.

"Sorry, when you were a virgin," he lightly chuckled before leaving a light kiss behind my ear and  running a hand over my core to find the clit "You do have to admit though, for somebody who's-- who had never even fucked you, I know how to satisfy you." he said as he began to move his fingers in a circular motion. I exhaled, suppressing a moan and he chuckled.

"Come on, no ones here."

I closed my eyes and crossed my legs to stop myself from giving in.

"You know better, Gabby." he swiftly uncrossed my legs by nudging one of my feet with his.

As he continued, it started to feel better and better. My muscles slightly relaxed and I found myself leaning against him, letting him do what he wanted.

"For someone who didn't miss me, you're getting so wet for me, Gabby." He whispered in my ear before lightly sucking on my sweet spot.

I exhaled sharply, still trying my best to not make a sound.

"It's just you and me, moan for me. You know it makes it feel even better"

"Hayes, no." I groaned as I felt it get better and better.

"Come on, Gabby. Just let me make you feel good." His fingers sped up a little bit.

That sentence pulled me out of my daze and I found the strength to take a step away from him. He got the memo and let go of me.

"You need to leave." I said as I adjusted my pants and wiped off my neck.

"Gabby, let's just sit down on the bed and talk about this--" He gently took my hand to start to pull me to sit on the edge of the bed with him, but I snatched my hand away.

"Absolutley not. Get out." I turned back to him, making sure that he heard me this time.

"Baby, just talk to me now and I swear we'll figure this out. Please?" He begged.

"I don't want to talk to you right now, Hayes."

"Gab--"

"Get out!" I yelled "If you really want to talk more, I will call you later! Coming to my house unannounced to win me back or to just be manipulative was not the way to address the situation at all."

He let out a sigh as he rolled his eyes before exiting my bedroom.

I let him out and locked the doors and windows because I was making sure this would never happen again, and I wouldn't ever have to look at him again.