Chapter 29 "Karaoke"

“Niall, you have a girlfriend” I whispered

“Not anymore” he said smiling “Didn’t you read the magazines? Plus, I’ve never loved her”

“No, I’ve been very busy”

“But you have that David…” he said looking down

“No, David isn’t my boyfriend anymore” I said

“So…”

“Niall, this isn’t right… Look, I like you, I like you so much and I don’t know if you feel the same way and this is bad ‘cause I’m going to be hurt and I don’t wan-“ he cut me off by kissing me passionately. Short but intense kiss.

“Shh, what if I tell you that I like you too…?”

“Prove it”

“I liked everything about you since the first time we meet, do you remember?” he said as he was placing small kisses in my forehead and going down to my nose at the same time he held my hands tightly. “I like how funny you are, how this lips curve when you’re happy” he said now giving me small kisses in my cheeks “I like your shyness, I like the way you play with your hair, I like your sexiness that drive me crazy all the time” he said now kissing my neck

“Niall, please, stop” I said

“Do you believe me now?” he asked me with his blue eyes staring at me. I didn’t know what to say. I didn’t want to be hurt again. My heart said one thing, it said to believe him but my mind said another, it said no. It was all about mind and heart. This fight was driving me crazy. What should I do? I thought when suddenly the door opened.

“Guys, we’re sorry!! You can leave now!” Theresa and Harry said walking in the bedroom when they saw us lied on the bed. “Oooops, I think we’ve interrupted something, Harry. Let’s go back to the party” she said holding his hand and leading him outside.

“I think we should go Niall” I said getting off of him and walking outside the bedroom leaving him laid on the bed. I noticed he let out a sigh before I walked out of the bedroom.

I came back to the party. People were dancing like crazy. They were a bit tipsy and I’m here sober thinking about mind and heart. I went straight to the bar and asked for a mojito. I needed to stop thinking and this would help.

Theresa saw me and went where I were.

“Hey sweetheart, is everything ok with Niall?” she asked me

“Yeah, I think so. I just… I don’t know Theresa, I’ll talk to you later on, not here. But yeah, I think we’re fine”

“Ok, you know, if you need something just call me ok?”

“Yeah, thank you, have fun with Harry” I sad giggling

“Trust me, I will”

“What? Wait, what kind of fun are you thinking of?”

“Oh, please, [Y/N]” she said giggling

While I was talking to Theresa I saw Niall sitting down on the sofa, alone, thinking, I suppose, with a bit of sadness on his face. I hated seeing him like that. It’s just… I couldn’t so I sat beside him, put my legs on his lap, my arms around him and my head in his chest. He hugged me back putting his arm around me and putting me closer to him.

“Are you ok Nialler?” I asked him

“What do you think?” he said.

“Right. I know… Please, give me some time. I’m going through too much at the moment.” I said, but I wasn’t going to tell him about David, at least not yet “Would you?” I looked up to see his face. He was looking somewhere else, thinking about something.