Chapter 38 "Picture"

16th September 2012

Let’s come back to last night, Diary.

The girls and I were all asleep when suddenly I woke up to the sound of a knock in the door. I got up and went to see what was it. I looked through the curtains but I didn’t see anything. I heard those noises again but this time in my window. I was scared. I grabbed the stick of the broom and went outside when suddenly I felt someone grabbing me and I couldn’t help but scream as loud as I could but he or she put his/her hand in my mouth.

“Shhhhh. It’s ok, it’s me princess”

“What the fuck are you doing Horan?” I whispered, “You’ve scared the hell out of me!”

“I’m sorry. It’s just… I don’t know why I’m here to be honest, something inside me wanted to see you. Are the girls sleeping?”

“Wait, how do you know that?”

“There’s a thing called Twitter and you’ve posted a picture like 2 hours ago”

“Oh, yes, right… Well come in, but don’t make any noises” He took off his shoes and both of us tip-toed till my bedroom. He lay down in my bed while I was making sure the girls didn’t wake up.

“Princess, come here and cuddle with me”

“Shhh” I said because I didn’t want them to wake up and see Niall. Not Theresa.

I cuddled with him like he asked me before. He hugged me and I was now trapped in his chest.

“[Y/N], sweetie, I need to tell you something…”

“What is it?”

“I’m leaving earlier than expected”

“What? Why?!”

“I don’t know. Management phoned me this afternoon”

“You can’t leave, Ni! I don’t want you to leave, please, do something!”

“I can’t do anything princess, I don’t choose dates and everything. I just have to do what they say”

“But…” I said looking in his eyes. He put his hand in my cheek and started rubbing it.

“I’m sorry. I whish I could so something, but I can’t. That’s one of the reasons I’m here tonight, because I don’t want to waste time”

I buried my head on his chest even more.

“When are you leaving?”

“Tomorrow”

That word hit me like a rock in my chest. Tomorrow!

“I just don’t understand why you have to leave”

“Because we have to do promo and stuff, we have to go to America and do, you know, interviews and stuff…”

“Yes, I know, but you don’t need to do that. You’re the most famous boy band at the moment. Everybody knows who you are”

He kept silent. I looked in his eyes this time; brave enough to face his blue eyes against my watering ones.

“What’s going to happen between us?”

“What? What do you mean?”

“I don’t know, Niall…”

“Are you breaking up with me?”

“No! It’s just… I don’t know… It’s going to be hard”

“I know, but we have to stay strong and I promise I will phone, skype or tweet you everyday. But what about us…? I mean, you know I’m going to be asked the typical question, who’s single here? What should I answer?”