Chapter 37 "Sleepover"

The next morning I had a shower and I decided to make him breakfast. I prepared some eggs, bacon and toasts for him. When I finished I noticed that Niall didn’t wake up yet so I decided to wake him up.

“Sleepy beauty, wake up” I said rubbing his back “It’s late and breakfast is ready!”

“Mmm…” he murmured “I love waking up like this” he said open his beautiful eyes.

“I’m sure you do haha, come on, I’ve made breakfast.”

He jumped out of bed with the same energy as a little kid. After all he was a child inside him, isn’t he?

“Mmmm, it smells so good, hon. Wowww, bacon and eggs! My favourite! How did you know?”

“I don’t know haha, I didn’t know it to be honest”

“Well, now you do”

We both have breakfast and then I decided to get home to talk to Theresa. I’ve realised that maybe I’d overreacted and I was so sorry. I said goodbye to Niall and headed home.

I opened the front door. She looked at me and then back to her magazine. I sat next to her.

“Please, can we talk?” I said. She looked at me and put the magazine away next to her. She made a movement with her head like if she was saying that I could start talking

“Look, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean the things I said yesterday”

“I know. Neither do I… But it’s not that [Y/N]”

“What is it then?”

“I needed you and you didn’t come here”

“Theresa, I was with Niall. He’s going in a few days. He’s been at the hospital and I want to spend most of my time with him while he’s here”

She looked down. I could tell something had happened to her.

“So, you prefer him instead of me, right?”

“No! It’s not like that. I want to be with you, but I want to be with him as well. Why don’t we go you, Harry, Niall and I out today?”

“Please, don’t say his name”

“Whose name? Niall?”

“No, Ha- the other one”

“Harry? Why?  Is something wrong between you two?”

“Everything is wrong [Y/N]! And that’s why I needed you yesterday. I needed someone to talk to but you were with your boyfriend and I hadn’t anyone!” she said starting to cry. I hugged her so tightly because now I felt responsible, not responsible but upset with myself and I don’t like seeing her like this. Not when she’s my best friend and when she cares about me all the time

“I’m sorry” It’s all I could say.

I waited a few minutes to let her calm down.

“Do you want to tell me what happened?”

She told me everything until the fight.

“And do you know what’s the worst part?” she asked me “That I’m completely falling in love with him like a fucking idiot and I don’t want to be hurt again”

“You know Theresa… Sometimes we have to discover things, we have to risk to discover because if we don’t, we would live in a bubble all the time”

“And that means…?”

“That means that if I were you I would risk and fight for him. I know you don’t want to be hurt again, but babe, if two people love each other, they would find a way to work it out and to make each other happy not to be hurt, and I think Harry loves you that way”