Motivational Quotes #501-550

(501)When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

(502)A new idea is first condemned as ridiculous and then dismissed as trivial, until finally, it becomes what everybody knows.

William James

(503)If you're not sure where you're going, you'll probably end up somewhere else.

Unknown

(504)Some make it happen, some watch it happen, and some ask "What happened?"

Unknown

(505)The greatest dreams are always unrealistic.

Will Smith

(506)Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.

Oscar Wilde

(507)Only those who do nothing at all make mistakes...but that would be a mistake.

Unknown

(508)Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

Nelson Mandela

(509)It's easy to make a buck. It's a lot tougher to make a difference.

Tom Brokaw

(510)Many men go fishing all their lives not knowing it is not fish they are after.

Henry David Thoreau

(511)You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make money your goal. Instead pursue the things you love doing and then do them so well that people can't take their eyes off of you.

Maya Angelou

(512)If you don't get everything you want, think of the things you don't get that you don't want.

Oscar Wilde

(513)Whenever you fall, pick something up.

Oswald Avery

(514)Optimist:

Someone who isn't sure whether life is a tragedy or a comedy but is tickled silly just to be in the play.

Robert Brault

(515)At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.

Albert Schweitzer

(516)Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.

Alphonse Karr

(517)When people are ready to change, they change. They never do it before then, and sometimes they die before they get around to it. You can't make them change if they don't want to, just like when they do want to, you can't stop them.

Andy Warhol

(518)Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.

Chinese proverb

(519)Don't worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try.

Jack Canfield