Motivational Quotes #2,001-2,050

(2,001)Sometimes we get sad about things and we don't like to tell other people that we are sad about them. We like to keep it a secret. Or sometimes, we are sad but we really don't know why we are sad, so we say we aren't sad but we really are.

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon

(2,002)Some birds are not meant to be caged, that's all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure.

Different Seasons by Stephen King

(2,003)In a child's eyes, a mother is a goddess. She can be glorious or terrible, benevolent or filled with wrath, but she commands love either way. I am convinced that this is the greatest power in the universe.

The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N. K. Jemisin

(2,004)Because I feel that in the heavens above

The angels, whispering one to another,

Can find among their burning tears of love,

None so devotional as that of "Mother,"

Therefore, by that dear name I have long called you,

You who are more than mother unto me.

To My Mother by Edgar Allen Poe

(2,005)The best way to have a good idea is to have lots of ideas.

Linus Pauling

(2,006)Books aren't written, they're rewritten. Including your own. It's one of the hardest things to accept, especially after the seventh rewrite hasn't quite done it.

Michael Crichton

(2,007)I think we are well advised to keep on nodding terms with the people we used to be, whether we find them attractive company or not. Otherwise they turn up unannounced and surprise us, come hammering on the mind's door at 4 a.m. of a bad night and demand to know who deserted them, who betrayed them, who is going to make amends. We forget all too soon the things we thought we could never forget.

Slouching Towards Bethlehem byJoan Didion

(2,008)In the evening he went to the cinema to see The Lord of the Rings, which he had never before had time to see. He thought that orcs, unlike human beings, were simple and uncomplicated creatures.

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

(2,009)You can never visit the same place twice. Each time, it's a different story. By the very act of coming back, you wipe out what came before.

The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson

(2,010)A million dollars sounds like a lot, I know. Especially when you're young. But you can't let money erode your principles or you'll wind up with nothing.

Sammy Keyes and The Dead Giveaway by Wendelin Van Draanen

(2,011)It's always easier to say good-bye when you know it's just a prelude to hello.

The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson

(2,012)We are all going, I thought, and it applies to turtles and turtlenecks, Alaska the girl and Alaska the place, because nothing can last, not even the earth itself. The Buddha said that suffering was caused by desire, we'd learned, and that the cessation of desire meant the cessation of suffering. When you stopped wishing things wouldn't fall apart, you'd stop suffering when they did.